(Dramatic/Cinematic/Post-Rock-y?) Pull Me Through

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
adfielding

30 Apr 2017

I'd originally planned on hanging onto this track for a little longer, but I've decided to make some pretty major changes to my life so figured "what the hell" and stuck it on Soundcloud if anyone's interested in checking it out. Definitely a contender for a potential future album track but right now that's not a road I'm ready to start down again just yet.

I ended up using R9.5 to write this particular tune so, yep, there are VSTs a-plenty in there :)

(apologies for the genre descriptor, not really sure how to describe this one as it's not like I went into it with the intent of, say, "hey, today I'll write a synthwave track!" or something... so I guess it's kind of cinematic with post-rock/epic pop-y influences? Who knows)

Wickline

30 Apr 2017

Dude that sounds sick! Great atmosphere and vocals. Reminds me a little of some of Shiny Toy Guns' tracks.
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

adfielding

30 Apr 2017

Wickline wrote:Dude that sounds sick! Great atmosphere and vocals. Reminds me a little of some of Shiny Toy Guns' tracks.
Thanks, glad you liked it! Haven't heard anything by STG before, will have to check them out in a min :)

Wickline

30 Apr 2017

adfielding wrote:
Wickline wrote:Dude that sounds sick! Great atmosphere and vocals. Reminds me a little of some of Shiny Toy Guns' tracks.
Thanks, glad you liked it! Haven't heard anything by STG before, will have to check them out in a min :)
They're pretty awesome. Check out their tracks "Major Tom" and "Ricochet!".

modecca

01 May 2017

adfielding wrote:I'd originally planned on hanging onto this track for a little longer, but I've decided to make some pretty major changes to my life so figured "what the hell" and stuck it on Soundcloud if anyone's interested in checking it out. Definitely a contender for a potential future album track but right now that's not a road I'm ready to start down again just yet.

I ended up using R9.5 to write this particular tune so, yep, there are VSTs a-plenty in there :)

(apologies for the genre descriptor, not really sure how to describe this one as it's not like I went into it with the intent of, say, "hey, today I'll write a synthwave track!" or something... so I guess it's kind of cinematic with post-rock/epic pop-y influences? Who knows)

Sounds professional,creative, original and has a great feel to it.
Are you able to do this as a career?
🔗💥

adfielding

03 May 2017

modecca wrote:Sounds professional,creative, original and has a great feel to it.
Are you able to do this as a career?
Thanks for the kind words! Yep, managed to keep at it as a career (well, music/sound design/general noise making) for about seven years or so :)

ThisIsNotTheMusic

03 May 2017

Quality.
https://soundcloud.com/hissotheusic

In space, no one can hear your song ....

sumusik

03 May 2017

Loved it. Thanks for sharing!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

03 May 2017

Very dreamy for the best part, the heavy bit I was not so keen on, overall very nice.. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Noplan
Competition Winner

03 May 2017

Awesome. :thumbs_up:

Audiotic

07 May 2017

Great Stuff! Love it up until the carpety e-guitar starting at 3:11. But thats just my taste not being catered.
Amazing production!

adfielding

11 May 2017

Thanks for checking it out! Yeah, I can understand the chuggy end section not being for everyone, for sure :)

Wickline

11 May 2017

adfielding wrote:Thanks for checking it out! Yeah, I can understand the chuggy end section not being for everyone, for sure :)
That was my favorite part!

am0eba

13 May 2017

Nice! Hearing some similarities to some Imogen Heap, which I like! Very convincing metal guitar crunches in the second half worked well for the piece. I enjoyed it.

_Dave_
:reason: :re: :refill: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :record: :rt:
"F" the ineffable! 
My music is available on iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, Spotify and CDBaby - more info:
http://2little2late.org/am0eba/

aeox
Competition Winner

13 May 2017

it's these kind of songs that remind me on a daily basis that i have no talent

adfielding

15 May 2017

Wickline wrote:That was my favorite part!
Excellent ;)
am0eba wrote:Nice! Hearing some similarities to some Imogen Heap, which I like! Very convincing metal guitar crunches in the second half worked well for the piece. I enjoyed it.
I must admit I'm not really getting the Imogen Heap comparison, but that's still a rather flattering comparison so I shall take it and say "thanks for that"! Cheers! :)
aeox wrote:it's these kind of songs that remind me on a daily basis that i have no talent
Haha, thanks - though you know what they say about being your own harshest critic, right? ;)

am0eba

15 May 2017

Re: Imogen Heap comparison: Vocals in many places move in a similar way to some of her stylings - very nice, and then lots of production elements very reminiscent of her ex-bandmate/producer, Guy Sigsworth - also very nice! Hope this helps understanding the comparison.

Best regards,

_Dave_
:reason: :re: :refill: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :record: :rt:
"F" the ineffable! 
My music is available on iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, Spotify and CDBaby - more info:
http://2little2late.org/am0eba/

adfielding

15 May 2017

am0eba wrote:Re: Imogen Heap comparison: Vocals in many places move in a similar way to some of her stylings - very nice, and then lots of production elements very reminiscent of her ex-bandmate/producer, Guy Sigsworth - also very nice! Hope this helps understanding the comparison.
Oh hey, I'm not disputing the comparison ;) Thanks for clearing it up though, as I said - that's a super flattering comparison! Cheers!

aeox
Competition Winner

15 May 2017

adfielding wrote:
aeox wrote:it's these kind of songs that remind me on a daily basis that i have no talent
Haha, thanks - though you know what they say about being your own harshest critic, right? ;)
indeed!

Zac

17 May 2017

It's really good. I loved it.

eusti

17 May 2017

Very nice! Not sure about the heavy guitar parts either... I mean, they're cool and that, but not convinced it's the best route for this song...
But, man, the quality of everything is really impressive! Must now go and practice way more! :P

D.

Zac

17 May 2017

Well I loved the guitars and the end build. I love this cross over stuff Adam.

adfielding

19 May 2017

eusti wrote:Very nice! Not sure about the heavy guitar parts either... I mean, they're cool and that, but not convinced it's the best route for this song...
But, man, the quality of everything is really impressive! Must now go and practice way more! :P
Thanks! Yeah, the end seems to be a bit of a dividing factor - but hey, that's kind of fun in and of itself :) Really glad you liked it overall though, thanks for checking it out!
Zac wrote:Well I loved the guitars and the end build. I love this cross over stuff Adam.
Awesome, glad you liked it! Cheers :D

pLv2

19 May 2017

Very good. I've always been a distant admirer ever since I played And All Is As It Should Be on New Years Day 2013 after I got the living shit beat out of me and woke up in a hotel room with a messed up face and cheap malt liquor in Oklahoma.

adfielding

19 May 2017

pLv2 wrote:Very good. I've always been a distant admirer ever since I played And All Is As It Should Be on New Years Day 2013 after I got the living shit beat out of me and woke up in a hotel room with a messed up face and cheap malt liquor in Oklahoma.
Best. Feedback. Ever :)

Glad you liked the track, hope you're doing better since your 2012/13 altercation - holy shit! Thanks for continuing to check out my music, I really appreciate it. Hope you're doing better now.

For what it's worth, I'd absolutely love to write another ambient album in the same vein as AAIAISB.

• Information