No [Avant-garde electronic]

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
sgiallo

25 Apr 2017

The original version included a long sample from a tv series, which I didn't include as it is copyrighted.

I have no idea of the genre, if somebody can point out I would be grateful

Thank you for listening and criticising it :D
Last edited by sgiallo on 13 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Benedict
Competition Winner

25 Apr 2017

Oh jeez what genre would that be as it is such a mix of bits and pieces. I guess that makes it some sort of Prog then LOL

The complexity of this tho is to understand what you want this music to say to me. What is the scene or story?

The mix sounds thin (but balanced) so I would think to check you monitoring situation - probably mixing with too much bass in the speaker.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

sgiallo

13 May 2017

Benedict wrote:Oh jeez what genre would that be as it is such a mix of bits and pieces. I guess that makes it some sort of Prog then LOL

The complexity of this tho is to understand what you want this music to say to me. What is the scene or story?

The mix sounds thin (but balanced) so I would think to check you monitoring situation - probably mixing with too much bass in the speaker.

:)
:D

thanx for commenting....

yeah, you're right about the genre, maybe it's too much stuff

Regarding the mix, do you mean I should add more bass?

Nerveclinic

13 May 2017

Interesting track..."Avante Garde Electronic"?

If I may make a mixing suggestion. Especially the first 45 seconds there are some very harsh frequencies in some of the high tones. Turn up the volume and just notice how some of the high pitch sounds sort of distort in your ear if that makes sense?

Do you do "subtractive EQing"? Using for example something like the MClass equalizer? If you don't, then check out some videos, once you get good at subtractive EQing it you can remove the harsh frequencies in a few minutes.

As far as "adding bass", personal opinion, I think you need to write an additional part/parts in a lower frequency. Like a bass line, or a bass pad etc. Right now all your sounds are in the Mid to upper range and there is nothing on the bottom end so that is what is making the track seem "thin" if you will.

Keep up the creative experimentation though it's refreshing in that sense.

sgiallo

16 May 2017

Nerveclinic wrote:Interesting track..."Avante Garde Electronic"?
thanks! :D
Nerveclinic wrote: If I may make a mixing suggestion. Especially the first 45 seconds there are some very harsh frequencies in some of the high tones. Turn up the volume and just notice how some of the high pitch sounds sort of distort in your ear if that makes sense?

Do you do "subtractive EQing"? Using for example something like the MClass equalizer? If you don't, then check out some videos, once you get good at subtractive EQing it you can remove the harsh frequencies in a few minutes.
yes, I use the eq. In the original piece, the very high frequencies pad wasn't present, but I added it given the lack of high frequencies (indeed).

Maybe, it's too much. I mean, I personally like it but I understand it can be fatiguing.
Nerveclinic wrote: As far as "adding bass", personal opinion, I think you need to write an additional part/parts in a lower frequency. Like a bass line, or a bass pad etc. Right now all your sounds are in the Mid to upper range and there is nothing on the bottom end so that is what is making the track seem "thin" if you will.
yeah, I definitely agree with you on this. I found very hard to fill the bass-medium part, both rhythmically and from the armony/melody point of view.
Nerveclinic wrote: Keep up the creative experimentation though it's refreshing in that sense.
I'll do! thanks for commenting

modecca

16 May 2017

sgiallo wrote:

The original version included a long sample from a tv series, which I didn't include as it is copyrighted.

I have no idea of the genre, if somebody can point out I would be grateful

Thank you for listening and criticising it :D
Quite the action packed arrangement.
Love that sweet and adventurous melody.
The bass-lines do more than serve a function they really add to the warmth of the piece as a whole.
Aside from some improvements that could be made to the mix, there is some real feel good music here.
Easy to listen to and easy to find many things I like about it. :mrgreen: :thumbs_up:
🔗💥

sgiallo

04 Jun 2017

modecca wrote: Quite the action packed arrangement.
Love that sweet and adventurous melody.
The bass-lines do more than serve a function they really add to the warmth of the piece as a whole.
Aside from some improvements that could be made to the mix, there is some real feel good music here.
Easy to listen to and easy to find many things I like about it. :mrgreen: :thumbs_up:

thanks!

• Information