(Rock/Rap Backing Track) Stick It

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
per-anders

02 Jun 2017

Ok, then there's no rush, knock something out when you can and don't worry about it being final, you can always redo bits you don't like and I'll update the track.

Of course if other people want to have a shot at it then that's no problem either, I can mix/match extend things out, remix away, there's always room for different interpretations.

FLVZ

15 Jun 2017

I wrote two parts last night, just gotta record some good takes, probably on Friday I'll do that!

Wickline

15 Jun 2017

Sweeeet
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

per-anders

15 Jun 2017

Awesome!

FLVZ

17 Jun 2017

Lol yesterday there was an unexpected plumber in the house all day so couldn't record at all. Will have to do it next week!

per-anders

17 Jun 2017

No worries

FLVZ

29 Jun 2017

Here's something I put together quickly, only two verses thus far (I come in at 0:50). That plumber was there the whole of last week, and my system was corrupt because of a bad hard drive which i need to replace, because its become an intermittent problem.

Wickline

30 Jun 2017

I dig it dude

per-anders

01 Jul 2017

Duude, that sounds fricken awesome already. Getting excited to hear the whole thing!

FLVZ

01 Jul 2017

Glad you like fellas, I was a little worried about speech clarity, its a long standing problem of mine when I spit fast bars. I'll come up with another verse and then send whoever is mixing the stems ?

Wickline

01 Jul 2017

Per-Anders is handling the mixing. I'm gonna redo my chorus vocals. You upped the energy on the song. Now I gotta step it up to match lol

pacorobles

03 Jul 2017

Oh wow. Now that is the forum dream ain't it. Release the beat then having it catch on with people Cool work, everyone. Track is sounding good.
Best,
Paco
:reason: 9.5

Wickline

03 Jul 2017

Yeah it's pretty sweet getting to work with other people.

Rewrote the chorus melody today and tried to record it but my throat all fucked up and it sounded pretty shitty. I'll give it another shot in a couple of days. I blame my friend selfishly having his bar's grand opening the weekend before I was gonna lay some tracks lol

per-anders

04 Jul 2017

We are indeed living the dream :D

It's always good to collaborate, just to participate, I recommend it to everyone. I've gotten involved elsewhere, helping out a few people that needed some guitar or production/mixing things here and there when they've asked, it's a great challenge because you have to work outside of your own comfort zone and is just super fun to do. It's a great way to learn.

Wickline

04 Jul 2017

Speaking of which - That track you laid guitars for is almost finished. Final mix and master phase now.

per-anders

05 Jul 2017

Nice, can't wait to hear it.

Meanwhile here's the latest version of the backing track with Wicklines' latest awesome vocals. I've been messing more with the drums and tightening up the guitars to give a bit more room for vocals and create a more focused sound.

@Flavolous - Just send me the vocal stems whenever I'll drop them in, you can PM me them, I've been using dropbox with Wickline for this.

FLVZ

07 Jul 2017

per-anders wrote:
05 Jul 2017
Nice, can't wait to hear it.

Meanwhile here's the latest version of the backing track with Wicklines' latest awesome vocals. I've been messing more with the drums and tightening up the guitars to give a bit more room for vocals and create a more focused sound.

@Flavolous - Just send me the vocal stems whenever I'll drop them in, you can PM me them, I've been using dropbox with Wickline for this.
Sent!

per-anders

08 Jul 2017

Awesome, and here's the first rough and ready result :

My computer is now on it's knees with this (please props give us automatic background track and bus freezing!), so I gotta do some housekeeping on the track before I carry on, but I'm in awe of the combination of both of your vocals here. Absolutely love it.

I want to bring the vocals up a little for both while keeping the "in the band" sound, so I'll probably knock some of the background track down more than anything and scoop out some more frequencies for space around the vocals. But right now this gives a quick overview of how things fit together.

I'll be doing some more mixing later on this week, feel free to add anything you want to and suggest things.

per-anders

04 Aug 2017

Ok, so another update, Wickline sent me some awesome harmonies for the chorus vocals and I've given some more room for Flavolous's Rap verse too.

FLVZ

14 Aug 2017

per-anders wrote:
04 Aug 2017
Ok, so another update, Wickline sent me some awesome harmonies for the chorus vocals and I've given some more room for Flavolous's Rap verse too.

Yeah! great mix, vocals overall could be a tad louder, and maybe my backing/overdub vocals be a little quieter but this is sounding really good! I'm extra excited to write the conclusive verse now!

FLVZ

21 Sep 2017

Here it is with the final verse!

Wickline

22 Sep 2017

Cool man

per-anders

24 Sep 2017

Awesome stuff. I've put it together now with everything else, tried to punch things up a little bit more to really get the energy of the performances more in your face, and I had a couple of ideas for FX on the verse vocals to give it what I think is a cool swirling angry demonic feel that seemed to fit the words -

I can't say just how fantastic it's been to collaborate with your guys, you both brought it big time.

arbux

26 Sep 2017

Great collaboration.

• Information