(Live session) The Future Fallacy

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
modecca

05 Apr 2017

🔗💥

Audiotic

06 Apr 2017

kinf od depressing melody-wise.
But great work!

modecca

06 Apr 2017

Audiotic wrote:kinf od depressing melody-wise.
But great work!
Hey thanks for taking the time to listen.
I love melancholic music and peters stuff is dark so I thought it would be a good match.

Would be interesting to see if you could create more of a upbeat melody:
This is the original; There is a lot of space over it and I think there are a million different ways to remix it.

🔗💥

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

07 Apr 2017

Love the dark atmosphere. Sounded great on my headphones. I feel like this kind of music is best listened to this way.

modecca

07 Apr 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:Love the dark atmosphere. Sounded great on my headphones. I feel like this kind of music is best listened to this way.
This particular project is the closest thing I have done to actually feeling like I'm in a band.
Sometimes its nice to have someone else doing something, so you can focus on one thing.
The one man band thing is a lot of work and sometimes results in a stale predictable sound. :eh:
🔗💥

Ostermilk

07 Apr 2017

Some thoughts came up while I was watching/listening and pondering the title:

When I was a kid I used to play with asbestos, there were some old sheds made of it and some pals and I used to smash them up and throw bits of the stuff onto a bonfire and giggle when it used to explode into a cloud of dust. I felt at the time it was some creative fun, destruction out of dereliction. We didn't know there were consequences at the time and 50 years later I still don't know even if there will be consequences.

We don't know what comes next, I don't think we are meant to. Nobody would do anything while we all waited until we knew better.

pLv2

08 Apr 2017

modecca wrote:I love melancholic music and peters stuff is dark so I thought it would be a good match.
I might as well be chillin' with the Addams Family right about now. Most of top 40 modern pop music is depressing to me, actually, despite the uplifting intentions. Different strokes for different folks.
modecca wrote:Would be interesting to see if you could create more of a upbeat melody:
Sitting on a beach and having a margarita is in the cards - dressed in all black of course.

Good work! Interesting feedback here.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2017

I did not find it dark, nice and refreshing TBH, great work, can't wait to hear more... :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

RTFX

17 Apr 2017

Very good! Reminds me of those starters of a long hot night full of minimal dark techno in da club back in the days. Produced well. Thumbs up for vid editing.
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

modecca

18 Apr 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:I did not find it dark, nice and refreshing TBH, great work, can't wait to hear more... :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Doing this whole live performance+ video thing, guarantees that even if the song turns out to be crappy (which didnt happen in this case because I worked with someone who has talent) it still is entertaining to watch.
🔗💥

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Apr 2017

CYSYS8993

24 Apr 2017

Nice apocalyptic atmosphere. It’s like something you’d expect to hear from a sci-fi film of that setting from the 90’s.
I like how the robotic vocals at the beginning come from either sides of the pan rather than at dead center. It really effectively gives the listener like myself a sense of broadness.

modecca

24 Apr 2017

CYSYS8993 wrote:Nice apocalyptic atmosphere. It’s like something you’d expect to hear from a sci-fi film of that setting from the 90’s.
That perfectly sums up what I'm interested in and what I'm trying to do. I love 90's dark thriller movies (silence of the lambs, the prophecy, se7en etc.) and music that you would hear in those films.
🔗💥

HepCat

24 Apr 2017

Quite tidy. Sounds like a finished song.

• Information