(80s vibe syntpop) Limbo Life - remake

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
jappe

06 Feb 2017

EDIT 2017-02-12 : I remade this song, it was to thin & fixed several problems with vocals and lots other stuff. Perhaps I shouldn't timebox my music making :)

Hi all,

This is another one for my 80's vibe collection.
Inspired by Human League, Depeche Mode, Saga and more.

If you spot errors,problems, oddities etc I'll be happy if you let me know!
I'll polish and even remake some of the tunes to go into the collection when it's time.

UPDATED LINK:

Bitleys Fairlight and other refills used for all sound generation.

RE's:
Seligs Leveler for fixing vocal dynamics
Jiggery Pokerys Steerpike Delay for making things sound nicer
Ochen K's Carve for spectral mixing
Synapse for audio surgery
Onyx Tube Limiter for shaping the bass a bit

RTFX

07 Feb 2017

Very creative. You seem to be pretty productive lately :)
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

jappe

07 Feb 2017

RTFX wrote:Very creative. You seem to be pretty productive lately :)
Thank you,

creativity comes and goes, but when I'm lucky I start with some lyrics in the morning, experiment with chord sequences and rhythm, then vocals, and finally lead and done with the song in the evening. Fixing vocal pitch takes the most time, though the workflow is much quicker in Pitch Edit than Melodyne which I used to use.

I find that good sleep for a few days in a row and a "just do it" approach triggers my creativity (lyrics is the seed, I need to start with that)
And when I have a creative flow, I don't like to be interrupted - especially not with time consuming detail things.
It's also a bit like when I play table tennis - as soon as I start to think too much, I always fail.

Aggie

07 Feb 2017

I do like these nostalgic trips... I had a conversation the other day and jokingly said "you know - you never find any new 80's music anymore..."

I was wrong :)
Adam Gill | BandLab

jappe

08 Feb 2017

Aggie wrote:I do like these nostalgic trips... I had a conversation the other day and jokingly said "you know - you never find any new 80's music anymore..."

I was wrong :)
Never too late for nostalgia:-)

dstudiopro

25 Feb 2017

Lovely mood and great songwriting!i grew up with the 80's so it wakes up some nice memories!thank you!

jappe

26 Feb 2017

dstudiopro wrote:Lovely mood and great songwriting!i grew up with the 80's so it wakes up some nice memories!thank you!
Thank you!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

04 Mar 2017

Your music has your name written all over it, if I was given several tracks and one of yours was included I could easily pick it out, this is a good thing, you have a high energy around your tracks and bring all those lovely 80's memories back, at the moment Top of the pops is all early 80's, and I could have seen your tracks fitting right in there...

jappe

04 Mar 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:Your music has your name written all over it, if I was given several tracks and one of yours was included I could easily pick it out, this is a good thing, you have a high energy around your tracks and bring all those lovely 80's memories back, at the moment Top of the pops is all early 80's, and I could have seen your tracks fitting right in there...
Thank you, it's nice to hear there's some signum to my music!
Lot of 80's in music and movies these days, I hope I can complete my 80's collection before that train has passed :)
I'm currently polishing the tracks I've done so far; but probably should add a couple more.

Bloma

05 Mar 2017

This is an amazing remake. It gets really epic, and took me by suprise!

jappe

08 Mar 2017

Bloma wrote:This is an amazing remake. It gets really epic, and took me by suprise!
Happy you liked it!
I sometimes feel that an outro deserves escalation rather than de-escalation.

jappe

08 Mar 2017

raymondh wrote:very nice! great production!
Thank's, glad to know I'm on the right track :puf_smile:

elMisse

08 Mar 2017

Seriously inspiring stuff mate :)

jappe

09 Mar 2017

elMisse wrote:Seriously inspiring stuff mate :)
Thank you for the encouraging words!

• Information