[Techno Rave] HepCat Remix of Cold Fools (first ever complete Reason song)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
HepCat

03 Feb 2017

Hi, this is a remix l made of Cold Fools by Soulspeed ( original song here: viewtopic.php?t=7497978 )

My take on it was the pleasant cold chills that you get about 2 or 3 hours after taking E, once the initial chaos has subsided and you emerge from the feeling of being part of some giant machinery, and you come out feeling absolutely splendid (in no small part due to the pleasant chills, helps you ignore the sweat from fooling around dancing all night).

This is the first ever song l've made on Reason and l've decided remixes maybe aint for me - BUT it has some good hardcore parts givin ya energy, so enjoy! Peace.

All criticism welcome. I just noticed one very obvious mistake in the intro, will try to fix it later.

I hope to take onboard as much criticism as possible, and revise the song accordingly but some suggestions might be beyond my current skill level, still worth a try though, so please speak your mind.
Last edited by HepCat on 15 Feb 2017, edited 3 times in total.

Creativemind

04 Feb 2017

Good track man. Enjoyed it.

Trying to listen to the mistake you mentioned in the intro, hmmmm?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Peter

04 Feb 2017

Nice to hear something from you! Wow pretty intense! :D

Wish it had more low end and mid-range energy in the mix. To me it sounds like you're driving the HPF too hard on the channels but that could be the nature of the sounds.

HepCat

04 Feb 2017

Hi guys, thanks! Sorry for the delay, l was sorting out a remix and debating philosophy. Didn't want to reply right away then bump the post a second time with the remix as it would look like artificial song bumping ...

Anyway: I've just remade the song, and also added the "Dance" preset in the Reason 6.5 mastering suite. Hmmm, frankly l don't really like the Dance preset as it is, l think l may have to go back and play with the settings a bit.

I've added the new version to the OP, so that you can compare it next to the first version.

Creativemind wrote:Good track man. Enjoyed it.

Trying to listen to the mistake you mentioned in the intro, hmmmm?
Thanks man! The flaw in the intro = the strings at the start - there's tiny gaps between the notes... arrrgh. I thought l had removed them in the remix, but nope, they're still there, they really come out when l play the mp3 on my laptop speakers, can't use my monitor speakers too loud right now it's night time, and l noticed a significant difference in the sound when i used my Pioneer headphones, so l'm trying to avoid the headphones.

Peter wrote:Nice to hear something from you! Wow pretty intense! :D

Wish it had more low end and mid-range energy in the mix. To me it sounds like you're driving the HPF too hard on the channels but that could be the nature of the sounds.
Thanks man! OK so, l did a bit of a revamp with the song structure but also added a mastering suite "Dance" preset. From the EQ graph, l could see increased bass and a lil bump between mid-range and hi. I'm not sure it sounds better with the mastering suite tbh, it sounds kind of saturated and distorted to me, lemme know what you think.

As for the HPF, nope, it's probably just the sounds. Or was ... the mastering suite preset seems to have drained the song of life, booo.

... although the song sounds better on my laptop speakers now. Weird.

HepCat

07 Feb 2017

Woot, l just got me a Soundcloud account, song link in OP. I thought Soundcloud would invade my privacy and turn me into Locutus of Borg, but it was quite simple really, in fact now that l think of it, l probably already had a Soundcloud account lol!

modecca

15 Feb 2017

HepCat wrote:

Hi, this is a remix l made of Cold Fools by Soulspeed ( original song here: viewtopic.php?t=7497978 )

My take on it was the pleasant cold chills that you get about 2 or 3 hours after taking E, once the initial chaos has subsided and you emerge from the feeling of being part of some giant machinery, and you come out feeling absolutely splendid (in no small part due to the pleasant chills, helps you ignore the sweat from fooling around dancing all night).

This is the first ever song l've made on Reason and l've decided remixes maybe aint for me - BUT it has some good hardcore parts givin ya energy, so enjoy! Peace.

Cold Fools Remix - http://picosong.com/rBxx/
Cold Fools Remix Version 2 - http://picosong.com/rtfc/
Note: Wait about 15 seconds for the song to load, as it is high audio quality therefore takes time to render
Note: This link is only good for streaming (no ads are displayed) - do not click the download link below the song timer, otherwise you will probably get a popup, and nobody wants a popup.

All criticism welcome. I just noticed one very obvious mistake in the intro, will try to fix it later.

I hope to take onboard as much criticism as possible, and revise the song accordingly but some suggestions might be beyond my current skill level, still worth a try though, so please speak your mind.

Michael Bisping would walk to the cage to this music.
To my ear feels a tad too british; consider revising. :mrgreen:
Last edited by modecca on 15 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.
🔗💥

Creativemind

15 Feb 2017

The drums might need bringing up a bit mind, a little bit hidden in the mix :-)

HepCat

15 Feb 2017

modecca wrote:To my ear feels a tad too british; consider revising. :mrgreen:
Hi thanks for pointing that out. I believe in these troubled times it's important for us to be on good terms with our cousins across the pond. So, l've updated the song accordingly. Enjoy! :mrgreen:

HepCat

15 Feb 2017

Creativemind wrote:The drums might need bringing up a bit mind, a little bit hidden in the mix :-)

Completely agree, not sure how they came to get submerged.

Creativemind

15 Feb 2017

I get the same. Swear mixing elves hijack the mix in the night! :-)

• Information