(Sloppy first tracks No genre) Cooling Waves - Chapter 1

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Hoyos

05 Jan 2017

Uhhh Hello everyone. I am new to the community of Reasontalk. :oops:

I was gifted Reason 9 this past christmas (Early present) and I have been loving every minute of it. so much that I have been learning it every day.

I have made two tracks and one small remix so far I would love your constructive criticism.

I told myself I wanted to make all my songs from scratch so I have been creating all my sounds. They aren't the best but I have loved every second of it.

Thank you for even taking the time to read this. Below is the link
Maybe you guys can help me define the genres. Also I just uploaded them onto Soundcloud.

https://soundcloud.com/hoyosalex

Benedict
Competition Winner

06 Jan 2017

Hi Hoyos

And welcome along. Congrats also on scoring Reason.

Listening to Chapter I & now Cooling Waves. I guess I would put it under Electronic with shades of Ambient (from the atmosphere) and some Glitch - which to me damages the atmosphere more than it improves it. That said most will completely disagree with me on the drums & glitch.

The sound is overall good. In Chapter the main lead gets annoying at the start as it is very static. Find ways to keep your sounds (and notes) moving so there is a balance of familiar and exciting.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Hoyos

06 Jan 2017

Benedict wrote:Hi Hoyos

And welcome along. Congrats also on scoring Reason.

Listening to Chapter I & now Cooling Waves. I guess I would put it under Electronic with shades of Ambient (from the atmosphere) and some Glitch - which to me damages the atmosphere more than it improves it. That said most will completely disagree with me on the drums & glitch.

The sound is overall good. In Chapter the main lead gets annoying at the start as it is very static. Find ways to keep your sounds (and notes) moving so there is a balance of familiar and exciting.

:)
Thanks a lot Benedict. I have also been watching your tutorials! They are amazing I do agree the sound is a little too raw I received similar feedback on that particular sound before. My sound design skills are on their baby stages. Again thank you for your feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VHS

13 Jan 2017

Man, I wish my first tracks in reason sounded anywhere near this good. Great work.

adfielding

13 Jan 2017

Hey there! So, I checked out Chapter I - I've got to say, your "sloppy first tracks" are considerably better than my first attempts with Reason ;) While the style isn't my usual bag I thought it was really well put together, my only real criticism production-wise is that there's a lot of bleeding high-end in the mix - I'm assuming you're cranking the highs on a few channels and I'd really recommend scaling it back for future tunes.

Cracking stuff, and here's hoping it's just the start of many more tunes. Cheers for sharing :)

Hoyos

13 Jan 2017

Holy sh%$! Thank you guys so much. I will look into cranking highs way too much. That's the problem for having shitty speakers haha. Making a third one right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Information