(Piano & Vocals) Candle Of Kindness

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
jappe

03 Dec 2016

A short piano & vocals tune, needed a break from the 80s synthpop.
I recently made copies of my parents black white photos; there will be some songs inspired by those, and hopefully some slideshow/video with them as well.
Starting with a picture of my dad, he was a kind man.

RE:s used:
Reason Pianos - Great refill, and they're on December Sale now!
Carve - Ducking EQ for spectral mixing
Synapse GQ-7 Equalizer - My favorite EQ, it lets me see what I do.
Selig Leveler - Controls vocal dynamics, timesaver that's really easy to setup, improves the workflow!

How I made this song:
1. Recorded the piano verse with metronome.
2. Loop Recorded around 20 takes of the vocals - Split recorded two sections of the lyrics, less likely to mess something up.
3. Selected the three best takes for each section, bounced them to disk as Left, Right, Mid vocals.
(Btw, did you know that you can move the takes up/down in Comp Edit Mode? I use that to select the takes to use:
I move the best take to top and use it for mid, left and right best takes below)
4. Imported them to mid, Left and Right panned mixer strips.
5. Pitch Edited each. Trying not to edit too much in order to avoid unwanted sound artifacts.
6. Recorded the outro without metronome
7. Recorded the intro without metronome.
8. Cut <100Hz from vocals, boosted different freqs on left and right vocals
9. Cut sub freqs from piano
...and some other stuff

• Information