(Electronica) The Death Of A Cyborg + Meta

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Aggie

22 Nov 2016

Tried some "meta" in this track - the concept for the piece is a part-machine, part-computer, part-human cyborg cycling down to an inevitable end-state hard crash. The "meta" are the jumps, skips, echoes and blocks, until the unit finally fades away:

If you listen veeeery carefully on the last few bars, the tiny, desperate knockings of the human inside can just about be heard...

It's def different... :)

aggie
Adam Gill | BandLab

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

26 Nov 2016

It's different....(saying no more LOL)

I think this sort of track would benefit from some sort of visuals to bring it more together.....

Some nice sounds going on there...

Aggie

27 Nov 2016

Yes - it was experimental, to say the least... I think you're right - a visual showing the skips and breaks would help people understand what's going on... :)

Cheers!
aggie
Adam Gill | BandLab

Pete B

27 Nov 2016

The music fits the title well. I quite like the fits and starts and think the song would benefit from there being more of them. Coincidentally, I was listening to Bowie's Subterraneans a couple of hours ago - it sounds like your cyborg in its youth.

Aggie

27 Nov 2016

Ah - my muse for this piece was actually HAL from a Space Odyssey: 2001 as Dave starts to remove his memory modules - I almost (but not quite!) put in a rendition of "Daisy" just for context... :)

PS: Assuming everyone has seen the film of course!
Adam Gill | BandLab

Benedict
Competition Winner

27 Nov 2016

I like it. You have a nice way with vibe that allows you to do "wrong" things to achieve a grander end. My only possible complaint was that I found the main sound a bit harsh. However in the right setting (eg a movie like Sunshine) it would also be right.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Aggie

27 Nov 2016

Thank you Benedict - I'm always looking for new ways to bring sounds together and, although I prefer a good ole' orchestral piece it's nice to step into the dark every now and then... :)

I may actually work on this a little more - I fancy there should be some singeing and burning/buzzing going on, for more context...

aggie
Adam Gill | BandLab

Aggie

28 Nov 2016

This became far too much fun to try to explain - if you do nothing else, please listen to the last minute or so... right up the end :)

I've added a narrative, which might not be pushing the boundaries for metasounds - but it's a start:

"This is a concept piece. The intention is to provide you (the listener) with a premise (in this case, the title "The Death of a Cyborg") and a meta-soundtrack. All you have to do is close your eyes, to see the story unfold."

Cheers!
aggie
Adam Gill | BandLab

• Information