(Soundtrack) Top Cat's Rabbit Hole Universe - Malstrom Synth

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Benedict
Competition Winner

09 Nov 2016

Hi All

I have found myself making a lot of single-synth tracks lately, mostly for synth Betas and Song Comps. It struck me that could be as good an album theme as any. I rarely dig out Mal as for some reason I don't think I like him which is silly as in reality he is a super cool synth with a unique set of abilities and sound.

Here is a track that is hot off the renderer and 100% Maelstrom (except drums from Kong as I wanted that pseudo-real modelled sound). With the last week or so I guess you can work out what the title means.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Aggie

10 Nov 2016

Hi Benedict,

I like the underlying theme and it flows nicely - almost like a progressive synth track undulating and moving from piece to piece. Is it a compilation piece or is the intention to change up / change down as it moves along?

aggie
Adam Gill | BandLab

Benedict
Competition Winner

10 Nov 2016

Thanks Aggie

It is a simple piece in many ways. Written in half a day. Compositionally I was probably thinking of advice from my theory teacher about variation and tying the parts together. It was a case of building from that first two note pattern by adding lines till I had a three part "orchestration" which you hear at 1:33. The rest is made from recycling (variations) and swapping instrumentation to show off the sounds and parts. I guess you are right and it does undulate, and that may well be a result of listening to a lot of Prog.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

yeahright31

11 Nov 2016

Nice tune, even i'm guilty of not giving much attention to that green monsta Mal the green old pal.

A friend who is 22 was asking the other day what cartoons did I enjoy watching when younger?
His was Looneytunes and Simpsons, Family Guy

Mine a mix of TopCat, Ren & Stimpy and TaleSpin / Duck Tales , Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Transformers. Then I was like what about Bevis and Butthead? He was like what's that? So I showed him a few episodes and he said I have good taste. Haha.
I'm just a child at heart because I love all this still and watch Anime sometimes.

Mate was saying nothing wrong with that as he reads Comic books and watches cartoons sometimes.

Benedict
Competition Winner

11 Nov 2016

Thanks

My brother had a Top Cat book. I used to read it just to see the line "What luck, a truck". A better line has never been written

Benedict Roff-Marsh

raymondh

11 Nov 2016

Very cool Benedict.

This track, like your others, comes across to me as a celebration of synthesizers. You mix nice arrangements with very clever and integrated sound design.

Benedict
Competition Winner

11 Nov 2016

raymondh wrote:Very cool Benedict.

This track, like your others, comes across to me as a celebration of synthesizers. You mix nice arrangements with very clever and integrated sound design.
That sounds exactly like me. :puf_bigsmile:

Benedict Roff-Marsh

frog974new

12 Nov 2016

pretty cool
you've really a touch for Pads and Nappe design ;)
really like your work each time for evolving sounds with those moods

• Information