Reasontalk June 2016 collaboration album project: Reason Talks Volumes

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
avasopht
Competition Winner

24 May 2016

tl;dr, submit your songs by 1st July 2016 to be included in the official forum album

---

The premise
Human beings are just about intelligent enough to recognise our incompetence but are incompetent enough to potentially invalidate our intelligence.

Does this profound correlation hint at a Divine Irony Being who purposefully constructed the universe to laugh at its absurdity? An honest man would say yes (I'm being tongue in cheek for the initiated, it's just a theme).

So people of Reasontalk, I ask of you, will you help me communicate with the great irony being through the use of the ultimate cosmic force of bitter sweet musical vibration, the true language of gods and angels?

The plan is simple, everyone share a song, feel free to share separates, which any willing volunteer can then mix. We can share files via github, Google drive or Dropbox. End of June I'll compile the collective album, Reason Talks Volumes!!!

Who's with me? :)

Coming end of June I'll post the next Reasontalk project of mine!! (rubs hands together)

Edit: fyxed tipos ;)
Last edited by avasopht on 25 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Zac

24 May 2016

I like this idea! I hope it will be an album that I can listen to in order to give me inspiration... i.e. not really more than an hour long ;) Don't know if this will make the grade but here's my submission. I can let you have the original reason file and/or wav export if needed.

Electronic...

avasopht
Competition Winner

25 May 2016

Zac wrote:I like this idea! I hope it will be an album that I can listen to in order to give me inspiration... i.e. not really more than an hour long ;) Don't know if this will make the grade but here's my submission. I can let you have the original reason file and/or wav export if needed.

Electronic...
Oh wow this is brilliant!

And you're right about the time, .. I've no idea how many people will be interested, but I'll find a way to manage it all (I've ideas already for various scenarios).

tibah

25 May 2016

I'm in. I take it there is no actual theme for it? Just do/contribute what we like?

avasopht
Competition Winner

25 May 2016

tibah wrote:I'm in. I take it there is no actual theme for it? Just do/contribute what we like?
The theme is that we are all subjects of a cosmic joke played by omnipresent irony beings ;) Think Cantor and Sisyphus being humanity and us being the silent saviors to free Sisyphus through our music.

Totally open to your subjective interpretation ;)

tibah

25 May 2016

I think I understand. ;)

Should be a new tune eh, not something already laying around collecting virtual dust?

Aggie

25 May 2016

Me like. Will do. New track relating to the absurdity of life will be forthcoming, in the thread. I use Allihoopa - is that okay to share tracks with?

aggie
Adam Gill | BandLab

Benedict
Competition Winner

26 May 2016

Mr Sopht

Here's my contribution to your album about syphilis. It is called Just Keep Climbing and is of course 100% Reason

Let me know if you need any alterations to fit - assuming you want it of course.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Aggie

27 May 2016

OK - my message is that every day is the same. We may add different flavors and accompaniment but, in essence, we're doing the same things again and again and again... and we are comfortable with that. We also know that it will never, ever lead us anywhere... but still we go around and around and....

So, here it is:

aggie
Adam Gill | BandLab

4filegate

27 May 2016

sounds good to me! I heard a lot of »L'Impératrice«

guitfnky

27 May 2016

Cool idea! I've gotten some good feedback on this one, so here's my submission:

:)
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Peter

27 May 2016

Good idea. I hope I can come up with something. :)

avasopht
Competition Winner

27 May 2016

Absolutely loving the contributions!

Methinks this will be quite the power collection :)

tibah

30 May 2016

Wave via dropbox if needed. :)

tibah

06 Jun 2016

Made this one sticky so more people are aware of it. ;)

Peter

13 Jun 2016

I started this project with the thread in mind. I ended up with a short and sweet arrangement, left it alone for a while and came back to it today after not sleeping for a couple nights/days due to work. I just wanted to upload this before my life falls apart. :clap:

avasopht
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2016

These are some brilliant contributions. Definitely gonna have to go in hard on my A-game to be on par!!!

Really excited about and impressed by the musicianship here.

decibel

17 Jun 2016

almost half way through 2016 already, times flying as usual eh, just out of curiousity ? when is the deadline for this project ?

*oops, my bad "1st July 2016"

Melody303

17 Jun 2016

I already wrote a song on this very "topic", hmm.

I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.
Feel free to listen here: melodyklein.bandcamp.com/

miscend

30 Jun 2016

I wrote a song for this very topic

avasopht
Competition Winner

30 Jun 2016

Sweet, ...

I've been working on mine and will share it when I get back from band practice.

avasopht
Competition Winner

01 Jul 2016

Since it's still July 1st in Samoa ;) , ...

avasopht
Competition Winner

01 Jul 2016

Right so here's the deal, now we have the tracks (a lovely 10) I'll be spending the next month conjuring up a basic animation to go with each (please send me mp3's if you're happy with this to be put on YouTube(no ads)).

If anyone wants to chip in with compositing or anything please do volunteer.

Also I'd like to settle on a definite track order ASAP, again looking for volunteers but if there are no takers by 6 July I'll do my best on a track order.

One more task, cover image. It's something I can do but do let me know if you're interested. I am thinking minimalism but if someone volunteers feel free to go in another direction so long as it resonates with the core premise ;)

miscend

20 Jul 2016

How are things progressing Avasopht?

avasopht
Competition Winner

25 Jul 2016

miscend wrote:How are things progressing Avasopht?
I've not created the videos just yet. Will put them together for the songs I do have mp3's for this week.

• Information