[Dub/reggae/steppers/EDM] remix album

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Ronin

05 Jan 2016

I have just uploaded a small compilation of remixes I have been sitting on for a while, and made them free to the public.
Most of these were entries to remix contests with a few random remixes I did with acapellas I found on the net.
All music is produced in Reason 7 and then exported a final mix to run through the full Ozone suite VST in Cubase for all those lovely presets and multi effects etc.
I used almost exclusively programmed instruments and samples (ie. no live instruments, all played by midi by myself(caveat, im not a great musician).
I use quite a large amount of REs but the main things are antidote, revival, nautilus, jp b3 for synths, McDSP c670 compressor is used a lot, synapse dr1, tsar-1r, radical piano, synapse ninety, T2 phaser, audiomatic a lot(tape setting).
I would welcome anyone's opinions and constructive criticism on any part of it, as this is the point I feel I am reaching a reasonable level of overall proficiency.
Enjoy :)
You can stream it here at soundcloud:

Or download the whole thing free here at bandcamp(sorry for the massive picture I dunno how to make it smaller):

SA Studio

06 Jan 2016

Very nice, Ronin!!

Can you pass on the link of those Exodus tracks please?? I'd really like to have them to do a version with = Let me know! :)

Ronin

06 Jan 2016

I found the acapella online randomly, it was posted on a remix group on facebook. I can send u it if u want. I built the riddim with midi, its not stems, although there are some exodus stems i think.

SA Studio

06 Jan 2016

Ronin wrote:I found the acapella online randomly, it was posted on a remix group on facebook. I can send u it if u want. I built the riddim with midi, its not stems, although there are some exodus stems i think.
Gotcha - I scored a 3 pack of Bob multitracks a few years ago that's still floating around on the net, and did up a nice Dub of "Is this Love".

Having the stems from Exodus would be awesome, and I think I've seen a few other "remixes" of it here and there and was just hoping the instrument stems were available somewhere.

Ronin

06 Jan 2016

I found some stems, but its not great for my purpose of remixing this tune the way i did.
There is not much separation as its just an 8 track i think.

SA Studio

07 Jan 2016

If you can wrap em up and put em up for a download, I'd love to check em out. :)

Ronin

07 Jan 2016

SA Studio wrote:If you can wrap em up and put em up for a download, I'd love to check em out. :)
will do shortly, will pm u a link

PhutureD

08 Jan 2016

Thanks a lot , this is good stuff. I dont do a lot of phasing myself but like how it sounds when employed correctly to my ears.
Good job.

Ronin

08 Jan 2016

PhutureD wrote:Thanks a lot , this is good stuff. I dont do a lot of phasing myself but like how it sounds when employed correctly to my ears.
Good job.
Thank you for your comments. I must admit I am a sucker for a phaser. I think it started from loving Lee Perry's style of dub reggae back in the day that was heavy on the Mutron Biphase. This love of phasers also translated to the UK dub scene where they are quite popular(which is kinda what my style is i guess, UK dub).
Last edited by Ronin on 08 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.

MarkTarlton

08 Jan 2016

tape phasing is the bomb! I have a revox reel to reel that I use :)

check out this track from a while ago that my old band made. we took some vocals from the library of congress that were recorded in the 30's and dubbed em out like it was a fresh joint!

phasing, tape echo and flanging were all done live with only one reel to reel and pro tools.

Last edited by MarkTarlton on 08 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Ronin

08 Jan 2016

video is unavailable :S

MarkTarlton

08 Jan 2016

Ronin wrote:video is unavailable :S
I just edited the post and put a soundcloud link up :)

thanks for listening :)

• Information