(Indie-Pop / Rock) Band:Good Luck Year, Album: Tinder for the Fire

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
mshetler

21 Sep 2015

Hi Reason Talk!

This is my first post on RT. I've been a long time Reason user (since 3.0) and was a very occasional poster on the PUF. I've been lurking on RT since the migration from the PUF but haven't had a reason to post until now.

My band, Good Luck Year, recently released our new EP, "Tinder for the Fire". It went live on a bunch the internet stores (itunes, amazon, google play, spotify, etc.) last Friday, Sept. 18th.

While 3 of the songs on the album were tracked at a studio using PT and NOT recorded in Reason, two of the tracks were recorded in Reason at my home studio and then sent as stems to the main studio.

We also use Reason for various synths and instruments in the band as well.

Anyway, if any RT users have some extra time on their hands and would like to listen, the EP is available here:

https://goodluckyear.bandcamp.com/album ... r-the-fire

The two tracks that were recorded in Reason are:
https://goodluckyear.bandcamp.com/track/colors
https://goodluckyear.bandcamp.com/track/secret-science

Thanks in advance for your time. I'd love to hear some feedback.

Best Regards,

-Matt

jappe

21 Sep 2015

Welcome to the forum mshetler!
Listening to Colors from laptop speakers...I like what I hear, very nice vocals. feel-good music.

Secret Science:
Superb intro, I love that synth sound together with the guitar.
I don't know why, but I think of Joni Mitchell when I listen to this.

In general, I think you create a great atmosphere in your music, and I have only listened to it from laptop speakers so far.

mshetler

21 Sep 2015

Thanks for taking the time to listen jappe, and for the feedback!

In full disclosure about Secret Science our synth player used his mopho for the synth on this one, not a Reason sound.

Nevertheless, thanks again for listening!

mbfrancis

26 Sep 2015

What a cool unique sound...male / female trading off vocals, piano, rocking out. Love the songs, too.

I'll be honest it's frustrating to listen to because it feels like the vocals are mixed *way* too low for me. You need to bring that goodness front and center. Would love to hear these mixed so I could hear what was going on lyrically and vocally.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

MannequinRaces

27 Sep 2015

Wow! I clicked on the link and saw Dayton, OH… I live right up the road in Troy! This sounds really good. Agree with mbfrancis that the vocals could be mixed more up front. Please let me know if you guys are playing any shows in the area. The bass guitar is non-existent in the mix in many places as well (listening on headphones).

• Information