(No Genre, in Particular) Screw It — I am Uploading All of My Crap

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
jonheal

20 Sep 2015

For going on eight years, I have intermittently poked at Reason, attempting to complete some sort of music. Any sort of music. I am not a musician, so it has been an entirely "manual" and mostly frustrating process. As for the goal of completing a tune, I can report that I have been 100% unsuccessful. I've never gotten any farther than accumulating fragments of sound.

But I am finally getting to the point of accepting that I simply may never finish anything. Furthermore, I may not even be able to refine my fragments beyond their current states. So I am uploading them, more or less as-is. As the title says, screw it.

I've uploaded 11 fragments, so far, and I can probably scrape together another 10 or 15.

They are here: https://soundcloud.com/jonheal
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

motuscott

20 Sep 2015

The secret (as you've already discovered) is that this fabled land of Finished doesn't exist. Art (and yes indeed, you're arting) doesn't have these boundaries you're trying to impose. It's easier than you think. Still, what do I know other than I'm pretty comfortable with it.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Bloma

21 Sep 2015

I like Specimen 11 man. I recognise that sound too, it's Opium from Maelstrom yeah? Specimen 8 is cool too. Don't worry about being a musician, musicians suck anyway.

Bloma

21 Sep 2015

Specimen 6 is a good one too. More opium! haha, I love that preset.

jonheal

21 Sep 2015

motuscott wrote:The secret (as you've already discovered) is that this fabled land of Finished doesn't exist. Art (and yes indeed, you're arting) doesn't have these boundaries you're trying to impose. It's easier than you think. Still, what do I know other than I'm pretty comfortable with it.
Thanks for the kind words.

jonheal

21 Sep 2015

Bloma wrote:I like Specimen 11 man. I recognise that sound too, it's Opium from Maelstrom yeah? Specimen 8 is cool too. Don't worry about being a musician, musicians suck anyway.
Thanks for the encouragement.

jonheal

24 Sep 2015

Uploaded another five craplets. I went through all of the little bits and pieces I've started and saved over the years. From that pile, I gleaned about 60 files including what I have already uploaded. I trashed everything else. But even if I never get another idea again, I can probably keep myself busy with the items I salvaged for the rest of my life.

• Information