WIP (Piano/Synthpop/) Varian Wrynn

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
jappe

19 Sep 2015

Hello all!

Time for another tune with the World Of Warcraft lore in mind!

https://www.propellerheads.se/s/YR5Wft4q

I havent yet decided if I shall add vocals to this one - probably I'll keep it instrumental since I'm quite satisfied with it as it is. (Though I'm sure you can find some flaws, pretty please with sugar on top share them with me if you find them :thumbs_up: :puf_smile:

The first part/long-intro is a piano solo, and then the tune changes pace and becomes melodic synth pop.

I started it yesterday, jamming the melodies first, building up sections with undefined order. Today I arranged and did a preliminary mix.
RE:s used:

Code: Select all

Antidote for the lead, patch "Jupiter Saw EX"
Radical Piano with combinator patch "Three Wise Grands"
Chenille Chorus with patch "KEYS - Velvet Road" connected to the piano.
Punch BD with a tweaked patch "A nice one 1" (added a second model with some sub)
Predator for pads and bass.
Carve for taming the pad, letting the Antidote lead shine through.

Auryn

20 Sep 2015

Hey, cool composition, very musical and you certainly have the skills on the keys. World of warcraft you say? I certainly hear some videogamey elements in the melodies/sounds. :-)
Style-wise it's a bit twee for my taste (which is mostly heavier EDM) so I can't really say where to take it, or if vocals would be a good idea. If it were up to me I'd make it into a crazy dubstep/drum and bass mashup. :-)
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

jappe

20 Sep 2015

Auryn wrote:Hey, cool composition, very musical and you certainly have the skills on the keys. World of warcraft you say? I certainly hear some videogamey elements in the melodies/sounds. :-)
Style-wise it's a bit twee for my taste (which is mostly heavier EDM) so I can't really say where to take it, or if vocals would be a good idea. If it were up to me I'd make it into a crazy dubstep/drum and bass mashup. :-)
Thank's for reviewing Auryn :puf_smile:

Well, it's really loosely related to WoW since there are no vocals.
I find it inspiring to visualize a topic, a story, some news or some game lore before I start making music - then the ideas will just come in a way that doesn't happen if I don't.
Varian Wrynn is the king of the city Stormwind according to the WoW lore, so I made melodies aimed as a tribute to a prince who eventually became a king. A couple of dark passages diverts from that - let's say they symbolize the event when hordes of Orcs invaded through the Dark Portal and started the first war with the Kingdom of Azeroth which eventually ended up in the fall of Stormwind.

• Information