Synthpop with indie guitar - The boy with the red skate.

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Amulet26

10 Sep 2015

The guitar is a telecaster into Vermillion and Softube Spring Reverb.
The Keys of the "Chorus" came from Thor.
Synths after the Break: Antidote and Viking.

jfrichards

10 Sep 2015

You have to find a great lyricist and vocalist for this, this could be a hit for sure.

Rook

10 Sep 2015

I was thinking the same, just needs some good vocals. Love the guitar.

mbfrancis

12 Sep 2015

This is fun, some really creative changes in here. Agree that it needs more vocals, or more central parts to maintain interest.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

Tincture

12 Sep 2015

Very nice song. Guitar has a great tone and nice main riff. I like the stereo-ness of it, gives it real depth. Whatever delay/reverb combinations you've used work very well. Agree that vocals would complete it but I enjoyed it anyway, lots of good creativity and musicality. Love that breakdown synth line! Oooh and now distortion! Very nice way to give it a climax. Top track!

Auryn

12 Sep 2015

This track is nice, I dig the cheerful upbeat-ness of it. I'd add some stereo handclaps! And perhaps try to do some more beat arranging. For example, the first "big change" around 1:03 could use a drum roll to introduce it. It gets better towards the end of the track though.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

Benedict
Competition Winner

12 Sep 2015

I like as a simple instrumental. Not having vocals seems an omission at first but I think that this is all about the play of the melodies and how the sounds interact. Sadly it does got confusing around 3:00 as it loses drive and the simple melodies get cluttered but then blam!. Maybe repeated listens will clear let me find the path.

This is a classic 50's form that saw a revival in the early 80's. Happy to see it back again.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Amulet26

14 Sep 2015

Thanks for all the replies, it seems like this forum is a nice place to put songs in first place.
I never thought about put vocals in this song… could be interesting and I think I'll try...

vision1

17 Oct 2017

hi, where can I listen to this track pls ?

teddymcw

17 Oct 2017

OP's SoundCloud link is broken rt now for me too

• Information