(Trance) Anima

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Kenni
Site Admin

09 Sep 2015

I thought I'd share a release from November 2014, also a Reason production, naturally :)

Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Bloma

09 Sep 2015

Top quality production. The song isn't to my taste, but the production is up there. Where'd you get the video done?

Kenni
Site Admin

09 Sep 2015

Bloma wrote:Top quality production. The song isn't to my taste, but the production is up there. Where'd you get the video done?
I'm not sure what the video really is to be honest :) I think it's taken from a TV production or a game trailer or something. It's not something I ordered :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Benedict
Competition Winner

09 Sep 2015

Cool Post-Disco bassline. Tight mix and overall sound.
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

am0eba

09 Sep 2015

Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed it. Fantastic production.

_Dave_
:reason: :re: :refill: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :record: :rt:
"F" the ineffable! 
My music is available on iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, Spotify and CDBaby - more info:
http://2little2late.org/am0eba/

Osmose

09 Sep 2015

Rock solid production... Very nice man..
Soundcloud/Osmose-music - Facebook/ OsmoseSounds -

osmose-music.com - osmose-music.bandcamp.com

"When you quit the mind, your not quite the mind"- Arcturus Ra -

riemac

10 Sep 2015

Hi Kenni,
very nice Trance Track. Which instruments/RE's did you use for the main lead synths and arpeggios in the track?

Kenni
Site Admin

10 Sep 2015

riemac wrote:Hi Kenni,
very nice Trance Track. Which instruments/RE's did you use for the main lead synths and arpeggios in the track?
Thanks man!

Main lead is a couple of Thor's combined. I don't use arp's, I just draw the notes.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

DeltaHotelVictory

10 Sep 2015

Very nice trance anthem, a real Van Buuren / Tiësto vibe going on there. Also very professional sounding. Well done!

Amulet26

10 Sep 2015

Great production, it reminds me 90's trance.
The strings are from the sound bank?

Tincture

12 Sep 2015

Like others have said, top production and I like the track as well. Dreamy Trance I can manage. Nice strings in the breakdown at 2:30.

I remember loving one of your songs back from Reasonstation probably '02/03 ish. That was a bit more breakbeat/techy tho. I'll still have it on an old computer somewhere. It got plenty of listens :)

Nice drop back in after the long breakdown. Love the layers now, good and deep.

Auryn

12 Sep 2015

Agree with the rest, production is top notch. It's really musical too, love the strings in the break. You definitely have the talent in that departement. I'm jealous. :-)

Some criticism: The break is really long. And I mean LONG! The strings are beautiful and emotional, but to me the track loses it's dancefloor inertia a bit. Perhaps when the track starts to break down around 2 minutes-ish, you could lowpass the kick, slowly filter it down till it's just a low pulse, and then keep it running for a while longer during the break. That would help.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

VNUprod

13 Sep 2015

Nicely done! Only the ending/fadeout did not feel "right" for me. Like you had to shorten the track unintesionally or something. Anyway - Great Work. :)

Rendiez

13 Sep 2015

Totally awesome track Kenni! The melodies, the atmosphere, the production, all top notch. In the same premiere league as Alexander Popov and Dennis Pedersen etc. It's uplifting to see ambitious trance/progressive producers using Reason. What RE's are you using? And do you master your track in da box as well?

Kenni
Site Admin

14 Sep 2015

Thanks all! :D
VNUprod wrote:Nicely done! Only the ending/fadeout did not feel "right" for me. Like you had to shorten the track unintesionally or something. Anyway - Great Work. :)
It's a "preview" version, so the track isn't full length. :)

I didn't master this track actually, label got it mastered out in town.

Regarding RE's used, excluding all Reason 8 native devices:

Antidote
McDSP Comp/EQ Bundle

The rest is Thors, Malstrom's, Subtractors and NNXT's, and lots of M-Class EQ's. The strings are Miroslav :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Kenni
Site Admin

14 Sep 2015

Auryn wrote:Agree with the rest, production is top notch. It's really musical too, love the strings in the break. You definitely have the talent in that departement. I'm jealous. :-)

Some criticism: The break is really long. And I mean LONG! The strings are beautiful and emotional, but to me the track loses it's dancefloor inertia a bit. Perhaps when the track starts to break down around 2 minutes-ish, you could lowpass the kick, slowly filter it down till it's just a low pulse, and then keep it running for a while longer during the break. That would help.
Thanks dude! :)

This is a original mix though. For me, the original mix is usually my very first "version", where I leave all the original intentions in the production. There's a club mix as well, that addresses the breakdown specifically, where only the main lead part of the strings are included.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

jappe

17 Sep 2015

Hi Kenni!

Superb sound, makes me appreciate my Genelecs+Krk sub better than when they are fed with my awkward mixes :D

Jagwah

29 Sep 2015

Love your work Kenni, a class above the rest :thumbs_up:

• Information