(Electronic [Breaks]) Detunate - 138bpm

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental

pLansford

04 Sep 2015

It has a nice rolling vibe - needs more vox! :cool:

Tincture

05 Sep 2015

Thanks Peter. The 2nd arp is snakebite. It's a lot of synth for $19!

joet63

05 Sep 2015

Nice track Tincture! love the drums too! pLansford was right needs more vocals :-)
:adapted: :reason: :record: :recycle: :refill: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :ignition: :re: :PUF_figure: :rt:
R5 Record iMac 2.0 Core 2 Duo 4Gb of RAM

Tincture

05 Sep 2015

Although this is downtempo from dnb I could kinda imagine an mc rippin' it up over this. Used to love that at the Marcus Garvey centre dnb nights in hyson green, Nottingham. Long time ago now :puf_wink:

joet63

06 Sep 2015

An mc rippin' it would be cool! Never been down that way, I'm sure it's really nice :-)
:adapted: :reason: :record: :recycle: :refill: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :ignition: :re: :PUF_figure: :rt:
R5 Record iMac 2.0 Core 2 Duo 4Gb of RAM

Bloma

08 Sep 2015

You have some nice scifi sounds in there, I reckon you could process the drums a bit more, and have the whole song pulse and distort more with effects and compression.

Tincture

08 Sep 2015

Bloma wrote:You have some nice scifi sounds in there, I reckon you could process the drums a bit more, and have the whole song pulse and distort more with effects and compression.
I might give that a go thanks... :) Give it some cheesy sidechain :)

Bloma

09 Sep 2015

Yeah, it doesn't even have to be cheesy, as long as it's effective.

Amulet26

10 Sep 2015

Nice!
I like this vibe, remind me the 80's synths.

Tincture

10 Sep 2015

https://www.soundcloud.com/tincture-1/detunate-mix-a

Changed the mix to try and get some more feel between the beats and the instruments as suggested by forum member Bloman on ReasonTalk (thanks!).

Did a couple of things... some always on sidechain using Synchronous (Dnb beat timing) with some little flourishes but it only affects a mid band of about 280 to 850Hz on the instruments (beats n vox excluded)

Then some synchronous based drum processing that varies in wetness from 0% to 30%.

I can only monitor on crappy headphones at the mo so if it's done horrible things pls let me know ;)

The overall mix is about -0.3dB loudness but is also less bright.

Edit: Ohh and I know I owe alot of listening due to me uploading so much stuff recently but it's been a defence distraction from crappy reality! I get a new batch of Mb this weekend so will return your goodwill. Thanks :puf_smile:

• Information