Soulful Chill Beat

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Goriila Texas

31 Aug 2015

Old beat I mixed on my JBL's feedback is appreciated.

thanks.

pLansford

05 Sep 2015

Sounds like you mixed this for vocals as you left plenty of space for them. If so then well done! Nice vibe.

Goriila Texas

05 Sep 2015

pLansford wrote:Sounds like you mixed this for vocals as you left plenty of space for them. If so then well done! Nice vibe.
Yeah I did and thanks. This is the first track I've mixed using all the knowledge I've gain within the last two years. My other tracks were done well before I started taking mixing really serious. I got ripped a new ahole by a guy trying to push me to work harder and stop being lazy on the song structure but this was more about the mix.

pLansford

05 Sep 2015

Goriila Texas wrote:I got ripped a new ahole by a guy trying to push me to work harder and stop being lazy on the song structure but this was more about the mix.
LOL we all need a good ripping now and then. I would've said something like that if I thought you were trying to make this stand on its own but I immediately felt like it was produced for vocals. I think simplicity for vocalists is important. I went to a rapper's house a couple weeks ago, made three eight bar loops for him on his computer and told him to write a full song(s) then I will arrange when the lyrics are done. That's just on a personal level though. I don't think we can get away with selling eight bar loops otherwise I'd be rich.

• Information