(EDM of some sorts) War and Peace

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
DeltaHotelVictory

17 Aug 2015

Just finished this track. Enjoy and let me know what you think!

Main ingredients include:
- Antidote
- Tres
- RP Quad
- Parsec
- Reason Pianos refill

I mastered in a separate file using Yoko band splitter/FET compressors for multiband compression, the Red Rock Mid/Side convertor for cutting the low frequencies from the side channel, the Trident EQ for general tweaking and the Ozone limiter at a threshold of about 3dB for increasing loudness without flattening out too much.

DeltaHotelVictory

26 Aug 2015

No one? Was my effort that hopeless? :puf_bigsmile:

In all seriousness: is there anything I can improve? Something you liked or disliked?

Pinkbox

26 Aug 2015

Work for yourself. Maybe at some point some other people will follow. :puf_wink:

From what I could say, technically, the track is very well done, the instruments are good.
Except for the clap on the bassdrum that seems very lo-fi (which is surprising for this kind of track).
And maybe the melody could step backward for more than this little break you have around +2:15.
This kind of music reminds me the Trance I was into during the early 2000 ;) good to ear this kind of sound!

Benedict
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2015

I agree. It is nice, but perhaps a little bit safe. Definitely still at least a passable album filler.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

jappe

26 Aug 2015

Hi Delta!

Listening on Krk 10s Sub + Genelec 8020C.

Wonderful intro; it all sounds very well balanced, certainly enough bass to make the tune powerful.
I think this works very well as it is.
It would be nice to hear another version of this too, something with more things happening in it.

DeltaHotelVictory

28 Aug 2015

In terms of mixing/mastering I am quite happy with my workflow now. Based on your feedback I will spend more time on coming up with a song that is musically more diverse and interesting. Thanks everyone!

freeQlow

29 Aug 2015

I love the rhythm and progression, melody has a great floaty feeling and reverb is good.
the route key is great on the lower end.
If Benedict was saying it was safe because of the lead synth/piano layer, I would agree.

It reminds me of some Tom Middleton in a good but familiar way.

If I were to change anything it would have to be the main Lead and Piano layer. In change, I mean the sound. Maybe try a dirtier Main Lead, an FM... and layer it even dirtier. That may lead to you change your bass too. A remix of sorts.

Do not scrap this song, publish it. It does have some commercial appeal! It's not a dj track, but it's a good song!

• Information