Returned For More [Electronic Rock I Guess]

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental

Last Alternative

16 Aug 2015

I like the idea. The guitars sound fake and way overcompressed though. It all sounds small. Not sure if you've done any serious mixing yet but it could use more space. I think it's awesome. Maybe shorten the intro and add some more sweeteners. An IF possible, put in some real guitars to give a more human feel. Sounds to me like electronic with a touch of post-rock all it's missing is the epic rockin soundscape bridge/outro.

Check this out:

..but especially this:
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

KnowKontrol

16 Aug 2015

Last Alternative wrote:I like the idea. The guitars sound fake and way overcompressed though. It all sounds small. Not sure if you've done any serious mixing yet but it could use more space. I think it's awesome. Maybe shorten the intro and add some more sweeteners. An IF possible, put in some real guitars to give a more human feel. Sounds to me like electronic with a touch of post-rock all it's missing is the epic rockin soundscape bridge/outro.

Check this out:

..but especially this:

Thanks, not sure about the examples... they are not really anywhere near what I was going for. Is it the synth towards the start the sounds fake? That wasnt really meant to be a guitar... or the one that is meant to be a guitar somewhere near half way?

Last Alternative

16 Aug 2015

Not the same style but is inspiring. Thought you might like it. I was talking about the distorted chords and the guitar lead parts. Sounds good but real guitars would be awesome. I just think it sounds too robotic as it is. Has a lot of potential.
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

KnowKontrol

17 Aug 2015

Last Alternative wrote:Not the same style but is inspiring. Thought you might like it. I was talking about the distorted chords and the guitar lead parts. Sounds good but real guitars would be awesome. I just think it sounds too robotic as it is. Has a lot of potential.

:D if only I could find a real guitarist :/, I guess at this point getting a guitarist is not that hard... but getting on to play the way I want to is completely different. Its interesting working with other artist like guitarist. They think its their show and go off on wild tangents.

Last Alternative

17 Aug 2015

Musicians are fickle creatures.
Godspeed

• Information