(Electro) 315 425

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Benedict
Competition Winner

14 Aug 2015

This is a new track. This is me again considering Techno (or EDM as the kids call it now) from the perspective of early 80's Electro like John Foxx. Last time I did this I called it "Proto-Techno" -maybe I will again.

Comments, ideas, etc?

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

freeQlow

14 Aug 2015

Hey I love the song idea and change ups.

My suggestion?
Keep 1 BD, the 808 after the break (but liven it up) let that drive the track and then drive it thru the whole track (with different tones of course)

I like the stabs,chords and arps you got going on.

Benedict
Competition Winner

15 Aug 2015

Thanks Mr Low

I'm not sure what you mean. I have a Kong Kit with the lighter Kik and then there is an audio loop with a 909 Kit at the beginning of the slow-down. That doubles again in the fade. There are really only two patterns (plus the simple breaks). In the fade I have Verse 1 Pattern + 909 Loop for a bit more complexity. Can you help me understand what you are suggesting?

Please bear in mind this isn't supposed to sound exactly like EDM but bridge between it and things like

Thanks

Benedict Roff-Marsh

freeQlow

15 Aug 2015

When you say Electro, I have something else in mind.
Listened again.
I wouldn't mind hearing a little more boom decay on a bass drum.
Pretty chill song, not much to pick apart.

I just have a different idea when the word electro gets mentioned.

Benedict
Competition Winner

15 Aug 2015

That is the problem with modern genres as they are all so specific and limiting. Also most overtook the original meanings and insist that things be as expected :(

Glad you like as it is.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Tincture

15 Aug 2015

Love the sound... right up my street. I really dig it... lots of dynamic range and freedom (air/reverb).

You need to squash that shit to be modern yo ;) I don't believe that at all actually, else I'd have given up a long time ago.

It's my fave I've heard from you. I really like it! Kinda Orbital-ish .

freeQlow

15 Aug 2015

Benedict wrote:That is the problem with modern genres as they are all so specific and limiting. Also most overtook the original meanings and insist that things be as expected :(

Glad you like as it is.

to double quote you, you posted electro, mentioned 80s kid. You did try to explain it though.

If you throw 80s and electro in the same conversation I'm expecting Mantronics, Neucleus, Cybotron, Captain Rock, 2 Live Crew, M People, Afrika Bambaataa. .... LOL, all good and good to know we have similar backgrounds and tastes

Right about all these new genres too

Benedict
Competition Winner

15 Aug 2015

Thanks Tincture

I don't recall that early electronic music, stuff like John Foxx, Human League (pre Dare), Patrick Cowley and the like really had strict sub-genre names like we do these days. It just was what it was. It was the "sound of the future" and so broadly New Wave (post-Punk/Disco/Prog) and that was enough for us.

The names you mention were the Breakbeat side which was parallel but apart from Cybotron another path.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Last Alternative

16 Aug 2015

Really cool, Benedict. It's so you and nice to hear your stuff with beats. Left some SC comments too. :)
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

• Information