Prog Breakbeat_My 1st StudioOne3_Serum_Rewire_Remix Sneak Peak

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
freeQlow

10 Aug 2015

I totally bugged out on this last night. Lawdy I'm in love.
Until I nail down Navigating SOv3, writing in Reason is still the best for me.

The is a remix I cranked out last night/this morning.
Not finished by a long shot.
80% Arranged, bussed the drums but the snares just aren't snappy enough.
I will get rid of that Thor Bass Boom, love the patch but not for this track.
Will work on bussing, layering and all the Sugar Sprinkles this week.

First Bassline Arrangement, Lead, Melody, 1 shots are all Predator and Thor inside Reason 8.3

Main Rollin Bassline is Serum (I'm in love)

Stabby/Chord in first break and trancey Melody in and out of 2nd Break are from the Original.

I've remixed for this Artist before but this is actually a remix contest if anybody is interested.
Artist/Engineer is the very gifted and constant musician Rick Tedesco aka Bear Moss.
Rick writes a lot of DnB, House, Psy Breaks and Tech House. He masters some of my tunes so I plan on surprising him.

If you dig it let me know, if you want a Crack at the competition let me know here and I'll post a link.

Cheers for Reading and listening. Feedback, constructive, good or negative is always appreciated!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6f9r757zotor0 ... 2.wav?dl=0

PS
Ignore the post 5:30 mark, that's my scratch area.

freeQlow

10 Aug 2015

REMIX CONTEST - Rick Tedesco - Sleepers DETAILS IN DESCRIPTION - SoundCloud
Listen to REMIX CONTEST - Rick Tedesco - Sleepers DETAILS IN DESCRIPTION by Base Industry Records #np on #SoundCloud

pLansford

10 Aug 2015

Cool sound...interesting arrangement...looking forward to hearing the finished version. Something about the snare EQ that gets pretty obnoxious - maybe try using some other sound or more processing.

freeQlow

10 Aug 2015

pLansford wrote:Cool sound...interesting arrangement...looking forward to hearing the finished version. Something about the snare EQ that gets pretty obnoxious - maybe try using some other sound or more processing.
I noticed that among other things, it sticks out further down the track as well.

• Information