Making "broken" sounds with Radical Keys (Acid Swing?)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Marketblandings

22 Jul 2015

Hi All,

I am in a fight to the death with a problem composition lately.... and the composition is winning! So I have simply set it aside for now. Instead, I went back to another idea I want to develop: creating "broken" electric piano sounds for use in otherwise silky smooth tunes.

I sure didn't invent the idea. Alex Brofsky is the master of this (he records under the AB+ name and well worth your time to search up).

But here is a tune using 2 different "broken" sounds made with Radical Keys (and some important RV7000, M-class EQ and compression and T2 Phaser settings). One is a broken Rhodes created from scratch. The other is a broken Wurli that began with the preset Blanket Wurlitzer.

What's hard is that the more you smash up the pianos, the more everything else in the song must be crystal clear to tell the listener that the broken sound is on purpose - and not that the composer is just a doofus :-). The opening 16 bars are waiting for my guitar hero friend to add a solo at some time.

• Information