Cover Colourbox Hot Doggie

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Scoobyman II

17 Jul 2015

This is an incomplete cover. All the guitars, drums, and keys are me. The samples I got off youtube from a list on the internet. There are still a lot of samples missing. I didn't sample anything off the original song. If anyone knows where I can find the rest of the samples please let me know. Thank you.
Last edited by Scoobyman II on 19 Jul 2015, edited 1 time in total.

eusti

17 Jul 2015

Scoobyman II wrote:
This is an incomplete cover. All the guitars, drums, and keys are me. The samples I got off youtube from a list on the internet. There are still a lot of samples missing. I didn't sample anything off the original song. If anyone knows where I can find the rest of the samples please let me know. Thank you.
Sounds cool. Remember this song from the Lonely is an Eyesore 4AD sampler...
I'm not so sure what you mean with "samples from youtube" and "I didn't sample anything off the original song"...
Could you explain? Does that mean, that those are the clips Colourbox got their samples from?

In any case: I like the song. I like what you did. Though personally I usually prefer if the song is different enough from the original and showing the personal voices of the performers...

D.

Scoobyman II

17 Jul 2015

eusti wrote:
Scoobyman II wrote:
Does that mean, that those are the clips Colourbox got their samples from?

D.
Yes. I found a list of the movie sources of the samples and was able to track down a handful of them on youtube.
Thanks for checking the song out. I agree with the bit about a cover should be new and show character of the artist. I wanted to first cover it closely to the original. Next I'll do a remix.

eusti

17 Jul 2015

Scoobyman II wrote:
eusti wrote:
Scoobyman II wrote:
Does that mean, that those are the clips Colourbox got their samples from?

D.
Yes. I found a list of the movie sources of the samples and was able to track down a handful of them on youtube.
Thanks for checking the song out. I agree with the bit about a cover should be new and show character of the artist. I wanted to first cover it closely to the original. Next I'll do a remix.
Great! Thanks for explaining!
Looking forward to hear further versions.

Best,
D.

• Information