Sound Design Help

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
iamshad

15 Jul 2015

Hello,

I'm in need of some help.. I am trying to create/find the name of this type of 808 sub kick. Also is there anyone here who can tell me what I can do in Reason to help accomplish the "pitch bending" methods to get the same effect on my 808 kicks? I know I can use the Mod Wheel, but I feel like these guys are accomplishing these bending techniques in a different way. I'm sure its easily done in FL Studio but I cant seem to find anything online for making good quality bending 808s in Reason. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I found this track that has an exact example of the 808 kick sound:

Lege Kale ‐ Solstice

Play around 0:55 - 5:54

loopback

15 Jul 2015

You mean the Kick/Bass starting at 5:02? Maybe i'm wrong but this is only closely related to a 808 Kick. Sounds to me like a saturated FM Type Basssynth layered with the short Transient of either an 808 or 909 Kick for the knock. The Bending can be easily achieved by using an LFO (Key triggerd or BPM synced) to pitch the oscillators. Kong, Thor/Malström/Parsec, Pulsar and Pulveriser would be my weapons of choice to achive this kind of sound.

soundcloud.com/minex

boobytrap

15 Jul 2015

Hi,
Watch the 2nd part of this tutorial. You'll find how to make your 808 sub boomy thing.
http://www.groove3.com/str/Making-Trap-with-Reason.html

Kong + subtractor
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

iamshad

15 Jul 2015

loopback wrote:You mean the Kick/Bass starting at 5:02? Maybe i'm wrong but this is only closely related to a 808 Kick. Sounds to me like a saturated FM Type Basssynth layered with the short Transient of either an 808 or 909 Kick for the knock. The Bending can be easily achieved by using an LFO (Key triggerd or BPM synced) to pitch the oscillators. Kong, Thor/Malström/Parsec, Pulsar and Pulveriser would be my weapons of choice to achive this kind of sound.
Just what I wanted to know.. Much appreciated! :essentials:

machinestatic

22 Jul 2015

Maybe this can help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc0KBjuwrS4

I'll be honest and say I didn't watch the whole video to know if it's actually a good "tutorial", but I love what's going on starting at the :50 second mark.

• Information