The Fire Still Burns (Pacific Deep)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Some Desperate Glory

24 Jun 2015

I wrote this song for my wife's birthday and she said she wanted me to make it public.  It's pretty much the story of our life together.  Sappy, I know.   :)

https://soundcloud.com/somedesperateglo ... till-burns
Still nostalgic about the old days, writing songs with my Amiga 500, Korg M1, and Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler.

raymondh

25 Jun 2015

Cool song Carl!

I especially liked the very groovy bassline and the sound design.

My wife would probably prefer on her birthday _not_ to hear my music haha so well done! 

cheers
Raymond

frog974new

25 Jun 2015

like the vibes on this track , cool tune

jappe

25 Jun 2015

I wish surgery could give me a voice like that, a bit like Howard Jones, great tune m8 :)

Some Desperate Glory

28 Jun 2015

raymondh wrote:Cool song Carl!

I especially liked the very groovy bassline and the sound design.

My wife would probably prefer on her birthday _not_ to hear my music haha so well done! 

cheers
Raymond

Thanks Raymond!  I'm proud of that bass sound.  The key to that was making it legato so the attack isn't triggered on every not.  The sync sound is a preset and the analog brass is a tweaked preset.  The arp is also a preset.  Whole song is Predator.

My wife actually doesn't mind my music!  She came to one of my shows (back when I was singing in a band) long before we started dating.  
Still nostalgic about the old days, writing songs with my Amiga 500, Korg M1, and Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler.

Some Desperate Glory

28 Jun 2015

jappe wrote:I wish surgery could give me a voice like that, a bit like Howard Jones, great tune m8 :)
Thank you!  I've worked years and years on my voice.  I'm glad you're liking it!

VNUprod

28 Jun 2015

Love the (80s) vibe, nicely done :)

• Information