NIN Cover

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Lunesis

15 Jun 2015

Just because I work here doesn't mean I can't post some music!  :s0536:

I decided to do a Nine Inch Nails cover of Into the Void from the masterpiece album The Fragile, which was actually a lot of fun. Might be rough in a few spots but it is close enough to share I suppose. The nice thing about Soundcloud is that you can go back and fix your fuck-ups if necessary. Anyways, I have to go to bed so I can wake up for work tomorrow... in the meantime try and behave yourselves! ;)

Some Desperate Glory

15 Jun 2015

That is a fantastic cover.  The drums and bass especially are spot and harder than hell.  That bass sound is amazing.

Your singing is stellar and in some ways is more evocative and soulful than Trent's!  (don't tell him I said that)
Still nostalgic about the old days, writing songs with my Amiga 500, Korg M1, and Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler.

Benedict
Competition Winner

15 Jun 2015

My Liege

I don't like NIN but I do like this. It is because, like when Mr Cash covered "Hurt", you have let the story of the song out. Trent hides everything under layers of trying to be cool and hardcore. He wastes his lyrics (and melodies) which can be very interesting when delivered properly.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

raymondh

15 Jun 2015

I must confess to not having listened to NIN!!!
So I can't comment on how good this is as a cover, but I can say I really enjoyed it. Really emotive and lots of details, awesome bass and great production!

Now get back to work :D

eusti

15 Jun 2015

Nice job! I'm personally missing a bit of the original punch... But very solid so far!

D.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

15 Jun 2015

raymondh wrote:I must confess to not having listened to NIN!!!
So I can't comment on how good this is as a cover, but I can say I really enjoyed it. Really emotive and lots of details, awesome bass and great production!

Now get back to work :D

I echo Raymond comments there...

Well done....

am0eba

15 Jun 2015

I like it. And your vocals get scary close to Trent's n places!

Best regards,

_Dave_

:reason: :re: :refill: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :record: :rt:
"F" the ineffable! 
My music is available on iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, Spotify and CDBaby - more info:
http://2little2late.org/am0eba/

AlexSin

15 Jun 2015

nice vibes man, glad you kept the industrial feel
Rottun Records
Firepower Records
Kairos Audio

Tincture

16 Jun 2015

Not sure if I've heard the original but have heard a few similar by them at least. Thought you got it spot on. Loved the synth work, very organic and the bass and drums are great. The best is the vox though Brent. So impressed! Really moving and powerful. There's a alt. rock singer in you for sure :)

Last Alternative

18 Jun 2015

I like the rasp in your voice. Bass sounds awesome. Drums are good but not as punchy as I wish. Pretty synths and badass panning. I love your production man. You're really good. Jammin it loud on my Yamaha HS5's
:s0536:
That is a cool feature of SC that you can replace songs w/out losing comments. But you have to pay for that ($4) which I do for that very reason.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

• Information