Experimend ( unphazed version ) 120 BPm

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
psychasm

12 Jun 2015

Had some spare time this evening to quickly finish this test. Some ordered chaos might just be what the doctor ordered to relax and wind down before clocking out. Main weapons of choice used is Thor, with some lovely patches found in the pads folder of Hydlide's gigantic thor refill ( thors hammer ). There are just too many presets in there I cant keep up with the amount of stuff that guy is releasing. I tried to use a bit of everything in the track too and just finally glad that Parsec made its way in there as well as predator.

sinusfiction

13 Jun 2015

A bit to experimental for me, but loved some of the chaotic fx sounds!
New album Who Needs Privacy on Spotify or Soundcloud

psychasm

13 Jun 2015

sinusfiction wrote:A bit to experimental for me, but loved some of the chaotic fx sounds!
Thanks, your comment has inspired me to adopt a new phlisophy for today: What may be too much for some ,is normal for others.

Your name indicates that you may lead towards the strange or is it a science infliction? :s0225:   

Cheers

deepndark

13 Jun 2015

Holy moly!! Well, I must say the bass is fucking massive and bumping. I'd love to hear a techno tune based on that heartbeat like a bass.
Anyway - this sure has some killer sounds and interesting feel to it. Well done IMO. :)

psychasm

13 Jun 2015

deepndark wrote:Holy moly!! Well, I must say the bass is fucking massive and bumping. I'd love to hear a techno tune based on that heartbeat like a bass.
Anyway - this sure has some killer sounds and interesting feel to it. Well done IMO. :)
The bass was created by recording A hi-hat pattern at 999bpm ( i was experimenting ). I then slowed it down to 120bpm , ran the 10second sample through BV512 and synthesized it through Thor using a single oscillator , if I remember correctly, using the Phase Modulation Oscillator and eventually routing it through the comb filter. The result is an aggressive base sound which had to be tamed by layering any other baseline ( i used a predator factory preset ,although anything should do ) on top of that. To hear what the Raw baseline sounds like take a listen to this experiment I finished not too long ago.
There was a user on the Props forum who used a similar method to that and if he/she is reading this they may also point out to a video on youtube in  which they have produced a video outlining this technique which we have both strangely and and entirely coincidentally thought of at different times

• Information