Some EDM

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
deepndark

07 Jun 2015

Feedback welcome.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

08 Jun 2015

See SC comments...
There are a number of elements I like and a couple I don't and the couple I don't like have vocals in them, The vocals with "Its time to open your eyes" etc I like that..
Overall it's a nice head bobbing track...

Benedict
Competition Winner

08 Jun 2015

Hi Mr Dark

Like Carly I like the idea. It is in the execution that you undo some of your good idea which is a shame. I'm not the right guy to say what to do in this sort of thing but listen to the details in similar tracks that merge Techno with Toasting. I'm old so I can only think of guys like Dr Alban. But it is still the same with lots of bits and pieces all playing off each other in a Hot way. The parts of your track that should add that vibe tend to be Cold so the vibe drops where it should jump higher.

:)

Most African & Latin music is "Hot" whilst most White-boy music is "Cold" - nothing to do with race or even how much you like a thing as I'm not a big fan of Hot styles like improvised Jazz but I like Yes and Moody Blues who are stone Cold.
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

deepndark

09 Jun 2015

Carly & Benedict,, thanks for the feedback. That's the biggest problem about my music, occasionally I bring the uplifted parts together but some parts don't deliver after that. Anyway, I'm still learning as I go. Sometimes I'd like to have another producer so we could make it more perfect than I can do alone. :)

Puckboy2000

09 Jun 2015

I think I agree with Carly. Not sure I like the main vocals (talking). Maybe do it once in a breakdown/build up. I like the chorus though. Even more the second time I listened to it. Also, 5 out of 5 stars on the production value. Sounds really tight, full and loud. Which is perfect for a dance song. It is also very catchy! Great work! I may ask you for some help on mixing/mastering my songs.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

jfrichards

09 Jun 2015

Heikki, professional music once again.  And yet again, amateurish singing.  The lyrics are fine.  If you really can't find a singer, your only alternatives are either singing lessons to learn to open your vocal resonance or heavy vocal effects to make them more like an instrument.  The difference between your music and your singing is like you spent a lot of money to buy great backing tracks and then walked around the house adding vocals while doing the laundry.  I'm only being so blunt because you are so damn good.  I want you to succeed.

deepndark

10 Jun 2015

Puckboy2000 wrote:I think I agree with Carly. Not sure I like the main vocals (talking). Maybe do it once in a breakdown/build up. I like the chorus though. Even more the second time I listened to it. Also, 5 out of 5 stars on the production value. Sounds really tight, full and loud. Which is perfect for a dance song. It is also very catchy! Great work! I may ask you for some help on mixing/mastering my songs.
Thanks for the feedback. Well my vocals do not always satisfy the listeners 100% but I try my best.
Yes, there's no big secrets to get my sound - I gladly could share my song so you could see what I do and what not. ;-) Or I could check your tune and try to apply my skills.

deepndark

10 Jun 2015

jfrichards wrote:Heikki, professional music once again.  And yet again, amateurish singing.  The lyrics are fine.  If you really can't find a singer, your only alternatives are either singing lessons to learn to open your vocal resonance or heavy vocal effects to make them more like an instrument.  The difference between your music and your singing is like you spent a lot of money to buy great backing tracks and then walked around the house adding vocals while doing the laundry.  I'm only being so blunt because you are so damn good.  I want you to succeed.
Hello mate, yes my vocals are sometimes weak, but I know when something fits my voice. Anyway thanks for the compliments - I'm still having my best tracks coming.

Puckboy2000

10 Jun 2015

Puckboy2000 wrote:I think I agree with Carly. Not sure I like the main vocals (talking). Maybe do it once in a breakdown/build up. I like the chorus though. Even more the second time I listened to it. Also, 5 out of 5 stars on the production value. Sounds really tight, full and loud. Which is perfect for a dance song. It is also very catchy! Great work! I may ask you for some help on mixing/mastering my songs.
deepndark wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. Well my vocals do not always satisfy the listeners 100% but I try my best.
Yes, there's no big secrets to get my sound - I gladly could share my song so you could see what I do and what not. ;-) Or I could check your tune and try to apply my skills.
I will take you up on the offer. Thanks!
I will probably sen you my song file and and MP3 in case I am using REs that you may not have.
I am trying to finish my songs on the weekends when I have time.

Did you mix/master your song in Reason? Did you use loops for the drums? Thanks again!
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

• Information