The layering of sound.

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

04 Jun 2015

The download file is 48000 Hz, 24 bit and it sounds a lot better than the streaming. This is an old song of mine with the original title of "Dancing in Flight" however it is a very simple tune repeated with many layers and I think (hope so) the sound design carries the track in this case. In this version I have changed the bass and kick sounds and brought the top end up higher in the mix and there were other many little changes made in the mix as well.

Feedback of any kind is always welcome..

4filegate

04 Jun 2015

dwnld much better quality - rather than stream!
repeated arrangement does his job / spirits by my mind; - automatisation on Bus Level synth arp, take a little bit down and come back to full level
~create tension  two drum rooms would make sense too / stay on earth till high in the sky

well done Carly :thumbup:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

05 Jun 2015

Thanks for the feedback...
Have had a play with the lead and rather than taking the volume level down I have extended the notes in parts as it has "legato" and this takes the attack off some of the new notes, I don't have SC pro so I have not updated that yet...

Tincture

05 Jun 2015

Hi Carly, I only streamed as the D/L was going to take over 1/2 hour on my crappy connection.

Love the intro and bass... the drums (snare mainly) sound like they're in a room next door a bit, so might need a bit more hi-EQ to make them more present? (the roll snare mainly)

Love the melody and the soundstage... (bring the drums further forward?) it sounds huge!! Really big and fat. Love the panning and choice of sounds. It's very energetic but musically engaging as well.

Great leads, right up my street as you know... you have a much more commercial thing going though. I think with some pro mastering this would be very popular. Loving these swinging hi-hats after the 5 min mark. The rolling snare makes more sense later on as well once you've opened the filter a bit. Sounds great to me Carly! Love the build. Big!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

08 Jun 2015

Tincture wrote:Hi Carly, I only streamed as the D/L was going to take over 1/2 hour on my crappy connection.

Love the intro and bass... the drums (snare mainly) sound like they're in a room next door a bit, so might need a bit more hi-EQ to make them more present? (the roll snare mainly)

Love the melody and the soundstage... (bring the drums further forward?) it sounds huge!! Really big and fat. Love the panning and choice of sounds. It's very energetic but musically engaging as well.

Great leads, right up my street as you know... you have a much more commercial thing going though. I think with some pro mastering this would be very popular. Loving these swinging hi-hats after the 5 min mark. The rolling snare makes more sense later on as well once you've opened the filter a bit. Sounds great to me Carly! Love the build. Big!
Thanks for your feedback...

I have made a couple of changes (not uploaded yet), moved the frequency of the kick down so there is more space between that and the low bass.
I have also moved the snare forward however in some parts it does not work for me so I will be looking to change the way the snare is produced i.e. I use an echo on it so I will have a play with that.. etc.

FGL

08 Jun 2015

Sounds good. Ever tried a more punchy Bassdrum on this?

darkmode

08 Jun 2015

Yep, loving this Carly. The download sounds great. On a purely personal note, maybe a little more low end/bass as mentioned above but that's just me. Really love what's going on in this, great movement.

Nice work mate!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

08 Jun 2015

FGL wrote:Sounds good. Ever tried a more punchy Bassdrum on this?
The bass drum I use is a very punchy one, I think it just gets drowned in the mix so I will look at the mix again.. 
This mixing stuff is something I trying to get to grips with and in some parts of the song I have over 15 tracks going on at the same time..
so back to the drawing boards, I think I'm starting to understand LOL

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

08 Jun 2015

darkmode wrote:Yep, loving this Carly. The download sounds great. On a purely personal note, maybe a little more low end/bass as mentioned above but that's just me. Really love what's going on in this, great movement.

Nice work mate!
Thanks dude... as per a previous note this is something I'm looking into as mixing is not my strong point (but I'm learning all the time with feedback from this site)..

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

15 Jun 2015

I have made a number of changes... thoughts anyone ?

4filegate

17 Jun 2015

great - there tension included
other replacements I heard too, they sound much better especially the drums dynamics
SC Pro - very well done Carly :thumbup:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2015

4filegate wrote:great - there tension included
other replacements I heard too, they sound much better especially the drums dynamics
SC Pro - very well done Carly :thumbup:
Thanks your feedback (and your previous feedback), feel like I have got somewhere good with this now  :s0221:

jappe

21 Jun 2015

Hi Carly!
Very nice and unusual intro.
Pleasant phasing effect I like the energy in this tune! It's like a happy train going to a destination without stops. This tune would make a suitable computer game shine!

KnowKontrol

22 Jun 2015

Very cool psytrance. Its one of the types of music I appreciate but have no clue how to create. 

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2015

jappe wrote:Hi Carly!
Very nice and unusual intro.
Pleasant phasing effect I like the energy in this tune! It's like a happy train going to a destination without stops. This tune would make a suitable computer game shine!

Thank you for your kind words especially the bit about a computer game shine, being a gamer myself :s0221:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2015

frog974new wrote:some good ideas here
Lots of little simple ideas that came together (with some direction from this forum)  :)

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2015

KnowKontrol wrote:Very cool psytrance. Its one of the types of music I appreciate but have no clue how to create. 
Very simple ideas, layered together, give it a go :s0801:

Thank you for your feedback and listening... 

• Information