Emulating the sound of the past. Let it swing!

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Audiol

16 May 2015

Hi Reasonistas,
this is my first post in this great forum.  I must say, I like it much more then the PUF.

After "Golden Fist", this is my second journey into the world of swing. Made with Reason 7.1 and Superior drummer. I tried to emulate the sound of the 60ies/70ies.
Comments appreciated! Thanks for listening.

https://soundcloud.com/ultrabond/running-the-gauntlet

drloop

16 May 2015

Nice work! Really like both the theme of the song and the song! Inspiring, I think I will make something myself. Thanks!

drloop

16 May 2015

Your other stuff is brilliant too! Me like!

Audiol

16 May 2015

Hi drloop,
glad you like it :) .
It makes so much fun to play with the old sound. After years of making "modern" music.

FGL

19 May 2015

Very cool. I like this jazzy stuff if it rolls.

Audiol

23 May 2015

Hi Frank,
thanks for listening and commentating this "niche"music. I listened to your stuff. Nice outstanding style. 

Grüße nach Essen.

tibah

24 May 2015

Lovely tune.

Grüße aus Berlin! ;)

PSoames

26 May 2015

Love it. Love your other stuff too. Of the highest quality.

Audiol

27 May 2015

@tibah: Thank You! Danke! Grüße zurück aus Frankfurt.

@PSoames: Thank you too for listening. Glad you like it. But I think the stuff if far from "highest quality". I'm not so satisfied with most of my mixes.

FGL

27 May 2015

Audiol wrote:@tibah: Thank You! Danke! Grüße zurück aus Frankfurt.

@PSoames: Thank you too for listening. Glad you like it. But I think the stuff if far from "highest quality". I'm not so satisfied with most of my mixes.
What I have learned is, the guys who are never satisfied do it mostly very well. And when it comes to mixing there in the end it is mostly only a matter of taste, or the volume. And also there, one can argue again.

If you really would miss something you would have done it long ago, cause nobody knows your stuff like you and what you do is serious work as we all can hear.

• Information