Trap / Hip Hop beat compilation

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
VNUprod

15 May 2015

Hey Folks, I recently assembled a little Trap / Hip Hop beat compilation of mine. Would love to hear your opinion, which is your favorite? General Feedback on the production etc. is welcome of course. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_xyNX-oevI

forensickbeats

15 May 2015

diggin it

jappe

21 Jun 2015

Hello VNUprod,
This sounds perfect through my Genelec 8010 + Krk 10s sub.
Very nice sound, I like it a lot.

Gorilla Texas

21 Jun 2015

I listened to the first two if you want my honest opinion both sound like very generic trap beats. I hear nothing that separates you from the other average trap producers besides the drums don't hit as hard as most trap beats. I'm hearing the same sounds and techniques used by masses. Try to do things different to separate yourself from the pack. I'm focusing on trap/soul right now myself but I refuse to buy nexus because I don't want to sound just like the other million trap producers out there. I know you can tweak presets to make your own sound but I'd rather make my own lane. I do trap my way I don't copycat all the rising trap sounds like Lex Luger started. I'm not saying my way is better or my music is better, I do me which is better and easier to do than trying to copy someone else's style.  

VNUprod

26 Jun 2015

Hey folks, thanks a lot for your feedback! It is much appreciated! :)

@Gorilla: The typicals answer of a copy cat would be: "I'm not trying to be unique I just make the beats intetionally like I make them". Nah I'm just teasing. I hear you. :) I like the style of music and actually I'm still trying to get into this genre in general, starting with and building up on the basics, but also with experiments. Thanks for listening and your detailed answer. I'm curious about your soul-trap btw. would love to listen to that if there is a chance. :thumbup:

Cheers

Gorilla Texas

26 Jun 2015

VNUprod wrote:Hey folks, thanks a lot for your feedback! It is much appreciated! :)

@Gorilla: The typicals answer of a copy cat would be: "I'm not trying to be unique I just make the beats intetionally like I make them". Nah I'm just teasing. I hear you. :) I like the style of music and actually I'm still trying to get into this genre in general, starting with and building up on the basics, but also with experiments. Thanks for listening and your detailed answer. I'm curious about your soul-trap btw. would love to listen to that if there is a chance. :thumbup:

Cheers
This song got 53 downloads.

These songs where made over 3-4 years ago but uploaded a couple years back,I've gotten better with both trap and soul within the last year so the trap you hear isn't as authentic as yours back then but I will be releasing new music soon. 

Keep doing your thing tho bro.

VNUprod

28 Jun 2015

Cool stuff, looking forward to hearing your new releases as well, the. Cheers

Gorilla Texas

28 Jun 2015

VNUprod wrote:Cool stuff, looking forward to hearing your new releases as well, the. Cheers
Thanks, I have two other beats that I put on private because they were getting too many downloads/plays off of SC on other apps and I didn't tag them. But here they go.  After learning more about the business side of music and how you give up some of your rights when you upload on some of these sites,I will getting my own site and putting my music on youtube to get paid for plays. Nobodies making money off of SC plays.https://soundcloud.com/tx-heat/sets/french-hip-hop

Majestik Monkey

28 Jun 2015

VNUprod wrote:Hey Folks, I recently assembled a little Trap / Hip Hop beat compilation of mine. Would love to hear your opinion, which is your favorite? General Feedback on the production etc. is welcome of course. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_xyNX-oevI
I think it sounds pretty Darn good ' Not a genre i follow @ all . . . 
I like the synth/Orkestrial stabby stuff ' gives me some idea's for the stuff i do

well done Bruv . . . keep going your own way . 1 tip , layer those stringy melodeeZ !

• Information