Another Pad Playing Video Submission to #UnFinishedFriday | 2015.05.09

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
thefixr

11 May 2015

Here is a link to the current DJPain1 #UnfinishedFriday sponsored by Maschine Masters.

https://www.facebook.com/djpainone/vide ... =2&theater

Here is my submission:

https://youtu.be/3xHgO49SMH8?list=PL9Gp ... Godi9_udGY

I try to do this every week. Sometimes I manage to pull it off without too much trouble. Sometimes I pull it off before it pulls me off and it seems like a lot of trouble. Sometimes I simply don't pull it off (which is not so great) especially when I've put hours of work into it before realizing it is garbage.  Anyway, just wanted to give a little background for anyone that might be wondering why I seem to be posting these so often. They will always be new or the latest submission at the time of posting. 

Oh yeah. Everything you see here and pretty much everything I do in any of my videos or tracks is Reason 100%. 

In the photo above, everything on the right side of the rack is what I put on the #UnFinishedFriday sample to get my results. On the left is my default Pad Playing Combinator patch. This fills up 4 Scenes (Banks) on the Korg PadKontrol. What's great about the PadKontrol in conjunction with the Advance Midi option is that I can assign 1 Combinator per PadKontrol row of scenes by setting each row of the PadKontrol to it's own Midi Channel. This means all 4 rows are identically setup Midi note wise starting at C2 and going all the way up to G9. I With 4 Combinators I can address every single pad of all 16 PadKontrol banks. This is key for me as I like to play long, continuous sets. Also switching to the next Kong within a Combinator or the next Combinator in the set is simply done by switching to the next scene or bank on the PadKontrol. I never have to look at my computer screen once I start playing.  I can double my setup by adding another PadKontrol. There's a bunch more that I have setup to make it very easy to create new routines and setup for my Pad Playing pleasure. One of these days I will get around to documenting my setup as I have promised to a few people from the old forums.

mm
Attachments
Screen_Shot_2015-05-10_at_11.41.05_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2015-05-10_at_11.41.05_PM.png (1.56 MiB) Viewed 334 times
YouTube.com/iamthefixr

FGL

11 May 2015

Awesome work on the Pads, I like it.

• Information