Crystal Harbour - Collab with isunray

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
raymondh

05 May 2015

Hi everyone

Here's a new song by Jeremy Hay (isunray) and moi.

Gotta love his fretless bass!

cheers
Raymond

mbfrancis

05 May 2015

This is nice, love the bass and digital bells.  A cool combination of sounds.  Nice to dive into lol.

For me the vocal effect gets old - I'd love a warmer, richer sound.   Plus I wish there were more harmonies, double-tracking....additional vocals only came in at the end.

Cool stuff.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

JNeffLind

05 May 2015

Cool mellow track. Dig it man. Thanks for sharing. I really like the bit of harmonics in the intro at 0:11. I'm guessing that's the bass. If this were wine I'd try to get your bassist to do a little counterpoint to the melody with some of those harmonics. Not saying to change the bass part. Bass sounds great. Just saying to add another track with some of that harmonic magic. I also dig the instrumental bit at about 2:15 before the vocal comes back in. 

Benedict
Competition Winner

05 May 2015

Interesting, the vocal starts with a roughness I haven't heard in you before. I like it. After that it smooths out which isn't as engaging. 

There are nice textures in here but I feel like I may be becoming a bit of a blur by half way through. I'm wondering what the buzz is for. I'd say if you want it to be insects then separate it from the melody. If you want it to be melodic will ok but it, IMO breaks the smooth.

There is a very nice album track in here for sure.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

raymondh

05 May 2015

mbfrancis wrote:This is nice, love the bass and digital bells.  A cool combination of sounds.  Nice to dive into lol.

For me the vocal effect gets old - I'd love a warmer, richer sound.   Plus I wish there were more harmonies, double-tracking....additional vocals only came in at the end.

Cool stuff.
Thanks for the feedback! 
Great ideas on the vocals. We pushed the backing vocals back a bit too far perhaps here.

cheers, Raymond

raymondh

05 May 2015

JNeffLind wrote:Cool mellow track. Dig it man. Thanks for sharing. I really like the bit of harmonics in the intro at 0:11. I'm guessing that's the bass. If this were wine I'd try to get your bassist to do a little counterpoint to the melody with some of those harmonics. Not saying to change the bass part. Bass sounds great. Just saying to add another track with some of that harmonic magic. I also dig the instrumental bit at about 2:15 before the vocal comes back in. 
Thanks :) Yes those harmonics are from the bass. They're nice eh! 

raymondh

05 May 2015

Benedict wrote:Interesting, the vocal starts with a roughness I haven't heard in you before. I like it. After that it smooths out which isn't as engaging. 

There are nice textures in here but I feel like I may be becoming a bit of a blur by half way through. I'm wondering what the buzz is for. I'd say if you want it to be insects then separate it from the melody. If you want it to be melodic will ok but it, IMO breaks the smooth.

There is a very nice album track in here for sure.

:)
Thanks Benedict! The vocals are Jay's. (If I was singing, "rough" wouldn't even start to describe it :) )  The buzz was originally part of the rhythm, perhaps too prominent. There's another sound like a buzz, that's actually talking dolphins as atmospheric FX. 

Soft Enerji

07 May 2015

Nice track guys......maybe the backing vox could be a little clearer. Nice bass!

xxASMxx

07 May 2015

I really enjoyed this one.  The vocals sound good Jay and the fretless bass adds a nice touch and flavor to the track.  Nice programming Raymond....and mix!

pLansford

08 May 2015

That was a nice listen...great blend of sounds!  Thanks for sharing.

• Information