Step Note Recorder Demo Song

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Shokstar

01 May 2015

Hey,

Here is another Shop Demo Song that I made :) this one was made with the Step Note recorder by Robotic Beat. 

Check my Song out and give the Step Note recorder a try. 

Let me know what do you think about my Song :)  

Cheers 
Shokstar

https://soundcloud.com/shoko-at-work/step-shop-demo

Emian

02 May 2015

cool track Shock ! have Step myself, but i'm setting up a new producing environment atm, and i am yet to buy a new MIDI-keyboard (next week, actually), so haven't been busy with it to much  ....

the acid sound is really good, was that ABL 2 ?

greets :)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Shokstar

02 May 2015

Emian wrote: cool track Shock ! have Step myself, but i'm setting up a new producing environment atm, and i am yet to buy a new MIDI-keyboard (next week, actually), so haven't been busy with it to much  ....

Hey Emian,

yes it was the ABL2. 

What I really like on Step is the transpose feature vie Midi. That can change the direction of a loop. 

Which Midi-Keyboard do you want to buy? 

JNeffLind

02 May 2015

Love this man. This is one of the rare instances of stuff I've seen on here where not only the sound design but also the musical composition is impressive. (Seems like it's usually one or the other for most of us). Great work.

As a side comment, I've got to ask about your sig. Is it really necessary to have a permanent insult included in every post? I'd guess that this guy has insulted you, but I say live and let live. Focus on the music, not the petty arguments, because the music is GREAT and the insults distract from that.

Shokstar

02 May 2015

Thanks JNeffLind :)

my sig was meant in general as a contravene sentence to all sound discussions in forums. A lot guys talking about sound of devices like a professor but you have never heard any tune from them. and when you got something to hear from them, yes it´s sounding not well. I prefer guys who like to show us what they are mean and not to hide stuff. and it´s always an issue in forums, a handful peoples like to show their music and the rest is hiding them and like to talk like a wanna be pro. Music is for me to make connections, to bring people together and make them happy :)  
and on the other side, a casual music listener wont saying to you: "hey, you need to cut down the freq´s at 1khz, please use for eqíng a pultec eq, next time!" he will say to you: "I like it or I like it not!" 

To talk about sound is one thing but can you demoing it what are you talking about? can give me some examples to understand you better? 

people will say it to you, if they like something in your music. 

:D I hope this wasn´t to hard explained :)  

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

02 May 2015

nice track dude, well done and thanks for sharing..

Emian

03 May 2015

Emian wrote: cool track Shock ! have Step myself, but i'm setting up a new producing environment atm, and i am yet to buy a new MIDI-keyboard (next week, actually), so haven't been busy with it to much  ....

Shokstar wrote:
Hey Emian,

yes it was the ABL2. 

What I really like on Step is the transpose feature vie Midi. That can change the direction of a loop. 

Which Midi-Keyboard do you want to buy? 

i ordered a Nektar Impact LX49 . the Panorama series were a bit above my budget :)

i agree about the transpose-function of step, way cool feature !

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

FGL

03 May 2015

Cool Track. Perfect Mix like ever. And I say you are very right about that what you say about mixing. And also I think it is not smart to make art and then hide it away. I think the Track is more then good for some Demo Song.

Shokstar

03 May 2015

FGL wrote:Cool Track. Perfect Mix like ever. And I say you are very right about that what you say about mixing. And also I think it is not smart to make art and then hide it away. I think the Track is more then good for some Demo Song.
Thank you guys :)  

mbfrancis

04 May 2015

Very cool.  Love the acid bass line - super cool.  

I would have loved more bass - felt like the kick was the only thing holding down the low end.  

Yeah, in your sig you are basically saying 91% of us don't know what we're talking about, while meanwhile *you* are asking *us* for feedback lol.  That's hilarious.  
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

Shokstar

04 May 2015

mbfrancis wrote:Very cool.  Love the acid bass line - super cool.  

I would have loved more bass - felt like the kick was the only thing holding down the low end.  

Yeah, in your sig you are basically saying 91% of us don't know what we're talking about, while meanwhile *you* are asking *us* for feedback lol.  That's hilarious.  
indeed, my sound is also far away from awesome  :t0305: :s0826:  you said you´re wishing more bass, next time I have it in mind, someone said I need more bass in the bassline and maybe I will do it better as in previous tracks :)

• Information