Share something you forgot you did

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Indigenous Nudity

29 May 2015

This has been on Soundcloud for some time, but I completely forgot about it till I posted a new track there recently.

I am heavily influenced by world music and I may have been listening to the "Babel" soundtrack at the time.

Benedict
Competition Winner

29 May 2015

Indigenous Nudity wrote:This has been on Soundcloud for some time, but I completely forgot about it till I posted a new track there recently.

I am heavily influenced by world music and I may have been listening to the "Babel" soundtrack at the time.
That is really very nice Mr Nudity

- - -

I don't think I have really forgotten anything I have done so why don't I share some things everyone else probably wishes I had forgotten (or never done in the first place):

http://benedictroffmarsh.com/1989/05/09/the-horror/

"The Horror" was the first album I ever made. I wanted to make an album with a theme, pieces, titles and even a cover (this is a remake of the cover). I had no idea how to write music (on my new used Casio CZ-1000) but I wasn't going to let that stop me. I achieved all that I could at the time so to this day I am proud of that. And BTW you are supposed to find the music hilariously bad.

http://benedictroffmarsh.com/1992/02/25/penance/

"Penance" I wrote under the name "Destructor Creator Destructor". EBM had been destroyed by NIN, Ministry etc. I always liked Metal and I started hearing some of the newer styles and wanted to try my hand at Doom. I wrote four songs using only my synths. Of course being me it had to have the full treatment with a booklet of drawings.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Puckboy2000

30 May 2015

zeebot wrote:Some great stuff! This is a really great idea, kind of inspires you to get off your butt and try and complete some long lost long evening sessions.
Thought I'd thrown in another offer. This is also from 2011 found on an external hard drive hiding away.
Not mastered, eqed and the levels sound a bit of a mess but it is what it is and I think thats the point really.
Lots more layers to add to it.
Its called Just Woke Up.

Great song. I love the drums.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

zeebot

30 May 2015

Puckboy2000 wrote:[Great song. I love the drums.
I have tons of unfinished stuff all over the damn place. I'm not a very organised person.

Hey sub, I'd be interested to hear some of your releases from back in the day.

Also keep posting long lost stuff everyone  :t2018:
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

forensickbeats

30 May 2015

That was made with the demo of R6 when it came out..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZNuYhIT4Dg 

xxASMxx

31 May 2015

Indigenous Nudity wrote:This has been on Soundcloud for some time, but I completely forgot about it till I posted a new track there recently.

Cool track and a nice selection and blend of sounds.  Who are some of your influences?

zeebot

01 Jun 2015

Found another unfinished track some might get some enjoyment out of from late 2012 called 'The Fart of Noise' (working title obviously) 

I remember really liking this when I was making it but the drums just didn't work and I think I couldn't be bothered to rehash it all, drums are very '80s' to me.
You will get the title once the track starts.
No mastering, eq, levels shot, needs more tracks yada yada but have a listen if you wish.
Really would like others to continue to post their stuff too.
This could be the new Discover  :s0225:
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

Indigenous Nudity

01 Jun 2015

xxASMxx ,

Thank you!

When I think of my influences, I often recall those moments of epiphany when I heard an album for the first time and I would think to myself "That is the music I want to make!". The fact that I used the term "album" and some of the albums I name will obviously show my age, but here you go, in no particular order:

Tangerine Dream-Stratosphere
Ultravox-Quartet
Peter Gabriel-Security and the works that follow
Roxy Music- Avalon
Delerium- Karma
Toumani Diabate- No particular album, but he is a kora player from Mali that I had the poleasure of meeting in Africa. I saw him and his orchestra perform in Bamako and it was a live changing experience.

xxASMxx

02 Jun 2015

Indigenous Nudity wrote: xxASMxx ,

Thank you!

When I think of my influences, I often recall those moments of epiphany when I heard an album for the first time and I would think to myself "That is the music I want to make!". The fact that I used the term "album" and some of the albums I name will obviously show my age, but here you go, in no particular order:

Tangerine Dream-Stratosphere
Ultravox-Quartet
Peter Gabriel-Security and the works that follow
Roxy Music- Avalon
Delerium- Karma
Toumani Diabate- No particular album, but he is a kora player from Mali that I had the poleasure of meeting in Africa. I saw him and his orchestra perform in Bamako and it was a live changing experience.

That's a good selection and some of my favorites as well.  I had to look up some videos for Toumani Diabate but I'm glad I did...thanks for sharing.

JNeffLind

02 Jun 2015

This is a "live in the studio" take from about 15 years ago of my old band. I sing lead and play guitar. Two cousins sing harmony. Hope you like.

xxASMxx

03 Jun 2015

JNeffLind wrote:This is a "live in the studio" take from about 15 years ago of my old band. I sing lead and play guitar. Two cousins sing harmony. Hope you like.

Tight.  Two thumbs up...well done.

xxASMxx

03 Jun 2015

zeebot wrote:Found another unfinished track some might get some enjoyment out of from late 2012 called 'The Fart of Noise' (working title obviously) 

I remember really liking this when I was making it but the drums just didn't work and I think I couldn't be bothered to rehash it all, drums are very '80s' to me.
You will get the title once the track starts.
No mastering, eq, levels shot, needs more tracks yada yada but have a listen if you wish.
Really would like others to continue to post their stuff too.
This could be the new Discover  :s0225:
It does have a retro feel but I liked it.  You should definitely finish this one and in an 80's way take it over the top! 

JNeffLind

03 Jun 2015

JNeffLind wrote:This is a "live in the studio" take from about 15 years ago of my old band. I sing lead and play guitar. Two cousins sing harmony. Hope you like.

xxASMxx wrote:
Tight.  Two thumbs up...well done.
Thanks man. We were pretty good back in the day and got some interest from a small record label "Trailer Records" and could have potentially toured with grammy winner Greg Brown. Plus we had a ton of fun.

Then the band broke up and broke my heart and I didn't pick up a guitar for ten years. Kind of hard to listen to all the old stuff now. Glad I dug it up though if some people here might enjoy it.

Majestik Monkey

19 Jun 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr_emyYS96s

Something i recorded in Reason 6.5.3 using the Old Line6 The Red ones :) its more Motif than Tune .....

Theo.M

22 Jun 2015

Cool topic.. since the topic is share something you forgot you did, that doesn't apply for me in Reason as I can consciously account for all my work in it so far. Is it for any songs in general we have written, a the other day i was going through a folder from 97 and i saw a track "oh i totally forgot i ever did that!" so if that's cool to post would be happy to. If Reason only I understand (hey i'd rather be upfront and honest about it) :)

jappe

09 Sep 2015

Benedict wrote: That is really very nice Mr Nudity

- - -

I don't think I have really forgotten anything I have done so why don't I share some things everyone else probably wishes I had forgotten (or never done in the first place):

"The Horror" was the first album I ever made. I wanted to make an album with a theme, pieces, titles and even a cover (this is a remake of the cover). I had no idea how to write music (on my new used Casio CZ-1000) but I wasn't going to let that stop me. I achieved all that I could at the time so to this day I am proud of that. And BTW you are supposed to find the music hilariously bad.

"Penance" I wrote under the name "Destructor Creator Destructor". EBM had been destroyed by NIN, Ministry etc. I always liked Metal and I started hearing some of the newer styles and wanted to try my hand at Doom. I wrote four songs using only my synths. Of course being me it had to have the full treatment with a booklet of drawings.

:)
Great sound!
I have a my Casio CZ-1000 in the basement, it hasn't been used since many years now. I used to love experimenting with sounds on it. Never made anything close to something people would like to listen though.

jappe

09 Sep 2015

A beautiful tune, loved it.

Rook

10 Sep 2015

Looking through some old stuff tonight and found this. Totally forgot about it. I play guitar but hardly ever rock stuff like this, but I guess it was just a riff/song idea I had. Canned drum loops from the FSB :thumbs_up: lol

Warning: it's pretty loud...

https://soundcloud.com/timesake/cant-stand-this/s-0BcJZ

JNeffLind

10 Sep 2015

jappe wrote:

A beautiful tune, loved it.
Thanks man.

Tincture

11 Sep 2015

https://www.soundcloud.com/tincture-1/d ... uff-thread

This was the 1st or 2nd song I uploaded to Reasonstation.net back in late 2001. Rather than try and make it something it never was I've just added a compressor to the main REX beat (to prevent it ducking the whole mix) and done some Mastering.

All beats are REX files from the R1.01 FSB (I had no idea how to program beats) including the cheesy chemical bros breakbeat. Listening to this, I'm not sure 'learning' has been the best thing :lol:

BTW, sorry if I've been uploading too much stuff recently... just trying to keep busy for various reasons.

• Information