Enlighted - Melodic Trance meets Neo Goa

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
jappe

30 Apr 2015

Enlighted
http://phead.mu/s/8d77pK6n

This is the second drop where I hear glitches that's just not there when I listen in Reason.
If it's not there in Reason, but introduced when Discover renders it - is there any possible cause when that would not be a bug in either rendering or Discover playback?

JNeffLind

30 Apr 2015

Cool track. Somehow reminds me of an old world jig repurposed as an EDM track, like something played on a hornpipe with a bunch of ladies dancing around with their long skirts pulled up around their knees. As for the glitches, I don't have any idea. I'd say write to the props folks and make sure they're aware and have faith that Discover is an ever evolving platform. 

mbfrancis

01 May 2015

This is cool crazy stuff.  I love the weird use of piano, and you have some cool developments from like 1:00 to 2:15.
I didn't hear any glitches, but I would have loved to hear more changes, stops/starts...it doesn't really break down until 5 minutes in.  Also I would loves some different instruments coming in.
Nice.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

jappe

01 May 2015

JNeffLind wrote:Cool track. Somehow reminds me of an old world jig repurposed as an EDM track, like something played on a hornpipe with a bunch of ladies dancing around with their long skirts pulled up around their knees. As for the glitches, I don't have any idea. I'd say write to the props folks and make sure they're aware and have faith that Discover is an ever evolving platform. 
lol@Hornpipe and dancing ladies with pulled up skirts. Made me think about a crazy video by a Swedish group:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcDy8HE ... cDy8HEg1QY

Yes, I'd better submit a support ticket about that. I'm just a bit unsure if what you hear in reason will always be exactly what you hear in Discover. 

Thanks for feedback!

jappe

01 May 2015

mbfrancis wrote:This is cool crazy stuff.  I love the weird use of piano, and you have some cool developments from like 1:00 to 2:15.
I didn't hear any glitches, but I would have loved to hear more changes, stops/starts...it doesn't really break down until 5 minutes in.  Also I would loves some different instruments coming in.
Nice.
Thank's for feedback!
I realize that there's not much progression in this tune and since it's quite long I think your suggestions are good.
The glitches are very short duration sharp high frequency peaks occurring a few times.

Tincture

01 May 2015

Nice main theme and filtering. I think the bright bass work holds the main theme up very well and I like the variations in octave /bending etc. It's got a great pace and love the change around 2:25.

Lots of variation/filtering to keep things live and that lovely bass noise ;) Like the width on the leads as well. Very nice. Get it out there. Agree the breakdown at 5.00 is very nice, love that deep bass pad. Nice build back up too, that piano is sweet and the lead pad that comes over it. Maybe some of these changes could have happened earlier? Very nice.

jappe

02 May 2015

Tincture wrote:Nice main theme and filtering. I think the bright bass work holds the main theme up very well and I like the variations in octave /bending etc. It's got a great pace and love the change around 2:25.

Lots of variation/filtering to keep things live and that lovely bass noise ;) Like the width on the leads as well. Very nice. Get it out there. Agree the breakdown at 5.00 is very nice, love that deep bass pad. Nice build back up too, that piano is sweet and the lead pad that comes over it. Maybe some of these changes could have happened earlier? Very nice.
Thanks!
Yes there should be some breakdown earlier, I will put this in my long list of tunes to refine:-)

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

02 May 2015

I can hear the little pops throughout here and there so you are not going mad (noticed a few around the 3:50 -4:10 mark)..

Like this piece, I was just reading your comment about it being a long piece when it came to an end and I thought that was short I want more  :)

The  track reminded me of many different video games from yesteryear, but the part with the very fast violin sound could be the remake of "Monty on the Run"  ;)  LOL

jappe

02 May 2015

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:I can hear the little pops throughout here and there so you are not going mad (noticed a few around the 3:50 -4:10 mark)..

Like this piece, I was just reading your comment about it being a long piece when it came to an end and I thought that was short I want more  :)

The  track reminded me of many different video games from yesteryear, but the part with the very fast violin sound could be the remake of "Monty on the Run"  ;)  LOL

Thank's!
I guess if I introduce enough changes to keep the listeners attention then I could afford to make it longer.
A source of inspiration for me is this guys one-hour long great Neo Goa mixes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MstjuS8WXn0

JNeffLind

02 May 2015

jappe wrote: lol@Hornpipe and dancing ladies with pulled up skirts. Made me think about a crazy video by a Swedish group:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcDy8HE ... cDy8HEg1QY

Yes, I'd better submit a support ticket about that. I'm just a bit unsure if what you hear in reason will always be exactly what you hear in Discover. 

Thanks for feedback!
This song actually got a lot of play in the U.S. So much that after a short period of people being amused by it, it became the song that people "loved to hate." Anything that's instantly catchy is also pretty instantly worn out in my opinion. I never knew it was a Swedish group. You learn something new every day!

• Information