Circling the Inevitable - Electronic - 112bpm

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental

Emian

29 Apr 2015

cool track Z !

Bassline is killer , nice melodies too ! the lyrics are a bit hard to understand, & a personal idea, i would ditch the sidechain on the pad :)

good to hear from you again !

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Tincture

29 Apr 2015

Emian wrote: cool track Z !

Bassline is killer , nice melodies too ! the lyrics are a bit hard to understand, & a personal idea, i would ditch the sidechain on the pad :)

good to hear from you again !
Thanks Jan, always good to hear from you :)

Bassline is Viking, feels like I'm getting that synth now. Vox is purely Speak n Tweak so not surprising it's a bit hard to hear ;) Better than nowt tho' ! Now, the sidechain pad actually sidechain's the deep bass at that point (the same patch) so I made it as wet as I dare (Synchronous) ... I like the stuttered effect on the pad :) I did try without and this was my decision. Does it sound too cheesy? Hey-ho :)

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

29 Apr 2015

I like this, the stutter effect works for me...
If you had not added the words at the top I would never have worked it out from the song, saying that it does not make it wrong not to have words clear..  :)  

Nice little tune :D

Tincture

29 Apr 2015

Yes, the words are kind of indecipherable... unless I told you ;)

Thank you :)

jappe

30 Apr 2015

Sounds great, well done!
Pad sidechaining sounds good to me.

pLansford

02 May 2015

Really enjoyed this and interesting message.  I know what it's like to circle the inevitable - knowing and not caring.  I'm doing it right now with a smile shrouded in darkness.  This particular piece reaches me on a deeper level and thank you.  I think the vocal effects are cool and I'm actually one of those who appreciates the indecipherable because we have to get a personal slice of you to really get it if you know what I mean.  I'm listening again and I have to go with my first impression of the kick being too much.  The track strikes me as a chilled out escape and it doesn't need to be so boomy.  Enjoyed.

Tincture

02 May 2015

That's the nicest review I've had in a while, thanks. I put a shelving eq in the master section late on and didn't go back and adjust the kick level.

JNeffLind

02 May 2015

Very cool and tight production. Great sound design. A true "sonic journey." I agree with a previous poster that the bassline in particular stands out as well as the interlude with the pads at about 1:10. Nice musical variation as well. All in all, great work!

mbfrancis

04 May 2015

Hey Tincture this is very cool.  Love the restrained tech house-y beat, cool sonics.  Love the gurgling bass.  Dig the breakbeat change up. SOme notes:

* would love to have a melody come in somewhere, there's no memorable theme
* wish the vocoder was more intelligible - now it's just sound.  If this is your melody, it's not coming through well.
* piano part gets a little old for me, never stops

Very cool - thanks for posting.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

Soft Enerji

05 May 2015

I enjoyed this overall, some cool elements but one thing I'd say is that I found that the vocoded voice clashed with that growling bass. Not a biggy, just my 2c.

Cheers

Mark

FGL

05 May 2015

Nice Song, found this on another Way.

Tincture

08 May 2015

Version 2.
Took some comments from ReasonTalk etc on board. Thanks to everyone who listened :)
It's not a great deal different. Took the kick down 4 points on kong which has opened up the low end a bit. Added a vocal harmony synth/sample line. Changed the rhodes piano arpeg pattern for the last section. Plus a few minor mix/mastering changes. Just hope it's better... ?

• Information