A quick trancey track with a guitar lead made with polysix

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
submonsterz

26 Apr 2015

Ok so I read the thread about real instruments being used in modern dance music etc.
So I also read the thread about fake guitar sounds being made etc.
I thought ok ill pick a instrument and see if I can make a bit of modern music and create a guitar sound to fit into it somewhere this was the result took me couple of hours to make it all and get it to the cloud but think I achieved what I was trying to do there.

what do you think did I get a screaming lead out of poly six or am I just kidding myself lol.
I am not a guitar player etc and what I did will seem very simple but its what I did in the time I set to do it and to what I thought sounded right to me.

Benedict
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2015

Hi Mr Monsterz

I expected to bail on this a little way in - that bassy flab under the Kik seemed like the first nail. However as the layers built up I was struck by how the mix seemed like it was right there in front of my speakers and everything seems to fit very well. That sounds great. Is there a technique you use?

The guitar will pass as that for the average listener. Sadly I personally would like a stronger hook to the melody (thinking Robert Miles' "Children" type of thing). 

Otherwise well done, especially seeing I went back and listened again.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2015

I liked this except for the guitar, the guitar sounds like it's being played through a transistor radio..

So change the guitar sound to a nice fat synth sound and you will have a cracker of a tune :s0547:  
(which I know defeats what you set out to do)

JNeffLind

27 Apr 2015

I think everything fits together fine (as far as EDM vs. traditional sounds, etc.) and I can tell that a guitar tone is what you're going for. It's not spot on in terms of passing for the real thing, but you captured the spirit at least. I dig it. Thanks for sharing.

submonsterz

29 Apr 2015

lol yeah I didn't go much for tone or the greatest guitar riffs ever just wanted to challenge myself to make a guitar sound with poly six and make a track to put it in quickly only spent under two houres crafting sounds and sequencing it all and to the cloud. but maybe id have got the tone etc bit more right if id had used more than one poly six , a scream , a d 11 and a rv7000. that's all that was in making that sound and rough sharp eq curve .

submonsterz

29 Apr 2015

Benedict wrote:Hi Mr Monsterz

I expected to bail on this a little way in - that bassy flab under the Kik seemed like the first nail. However as the layers built up I was struck by how the mix seemed like it was right there in front of my speakers and everything seems to fit very well. That sounds great. Is there a technique you use?

The guitar will pass as that for the average listener. Sadly I personally would like a stronger hook to the melody (thinking Robert Miles' "Children" type of thing). 

Otherwise well done, especially seeing I went back and listened again.

on techniques used Benedict
I have none every song blank canvas and roll as I hear it as I go .
its quite hard here as I don't have proper monitors they more extra large hifi speakers lol and one has a blown mid cone as well and ive put me headphones out of reach too as they only six uk pound dj ones and they do me no favours if I listen to stuff I do on both of them as both totally different thing lol and I then think errmmm what do I go for so im sticking to just the thumping great cheap speakers I got.

Benedict
Competition Winner

29 Apr 2015

I mixed on home made speakers, and not even Vifa drivers let me tell you ;) for many years and when I got to hear some of the work up on big Genelec wall monitors the the engineer was pretty decently impressed.

You see it is all about balance. Sure if you had $50,000,000 speakers in a perfect room then maybe there are a few details you'd revise but the balance should be the same. The only times I have really made duff mixes are when I have swapped backwards and forwards from one speaker to another without understanding the differences, or in headphones - everything I have done in (affordable) cans has been off.

Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

mbfrancis

01 May 2015

Love this - if I heard that guitar riff come on the radio, with all it's quirks and dives and bends, I would have shouted out...totally creative.  Maybe add a vocal, *that* would be unexpected.  Nice.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

• Information