Truest Blue- Folk/Pop

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
JNeffLind

26 Apr 2015

Here's another one. Again no EQing, rough mix, etc. Hopefully the writing/composing carries the show. Got a little silly on the last chorus. Reason is just too much fun for self control...

TRUEST BLUE

First time I saw you was in Johnny’s GT./ ‘Til then I thought that car the prettiest thing I’d ever see./ But all the chrome stopped shining, went pale beneath your glow./ You were not the first but you’re the last love that I’ll ever know.

Johnny bought jewels, but he never bought you no ring./ He did not need a queen to have his fun in playing king./ He promised you a lifetime of champagne and caviar./ Then he left you like the drifting ashes of a dollar store cigar.

Chorus: Well I got walls to stop the winds. I got a roof to stop the rains./ I got a job that pays the bills, after that ain’t much remains./ But my heart is solid gold, my love is truest blue./ I don’t have much. I don’t need much. All I want is you.

I know you like pretty things, and I'm pretty rusted/ Well glitz and glamour shimmer, but that shimmer can’t be trusted./ A love that is given freely is a love that's beyond question./ I would cherish your heart as my one and only prized possession.

Yonatan

26 Apr 2015

Thanks for sharing your well written songs! Great to write your good lyrics, nice to follow while listening for a non native english.

Benedict
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2015

Nice

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

FGL

26 Apr 2015

Very cool Songs.

JNeffLind

26 Apr 2015

Yonatan wrote:Thanks for sharing your well written songs! Great to write your good lyrics, nice to follow while listening for a non native english.
Thanks man. I feel like my lyrics are the best part of my music, or at least it's what I care most about, so I always make an effort to sing clearly and try to mix them loud enough that they won't be lost. I'm glad you liked the songs. By the way, I responded with my vocal recording set-up and effects chain in the other thread.

JNeffLind

26 Apr 2015

gullum wrote:sure is well done
FGL wrote:Very cool Songs.
Benedict wrote:Nice

:)
Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the support and it always makes me feel good. I hope you'll keep listening and I'll try to keep posting solid work.

submonsterz

26 Apr 2015

another fine song :) .
I think a day in the studio with some one like selig would have you set right and you`re tracks ready to market . I think these could sell quite well.
selig if you reading this then I think you need to take jeff as a project and see what you can do for him !!
could be a light in the tunnel for both of you there.

JNeffLind

27 Apr 2015

submonsterz wrote:another fine song :) .
I think a day in the studio with some one like selig would have you set right and you`re tracks ready to market . I think these could sell quite well.
selig if you reading this then I think you need to take jeff as a project and see what you can do for him !!
could be a light in the tunnel for both of you there.
Thanks man. My name is actually Jason, but I normally go by just "J." My middle name is Neff. Don't worry though. You're not the first person to turn JNeff into Jeff and I'm sure you won't be the last.

I'm going to work up a bunch of my songs (I have a TON of material on my hard drive in rough form) and then start exploring options for more professional mixes once I have a better idea of exactly what I want and which tunes are strongest. I hope you'll keep listening and that you enjoy what you hear. I appreciate the support.

Soft Enerji

27 Apr 2015

I see in your description you say it's "just another folk/pop song". Well that may be but it's got your style all over it.......another gem and I bet there's a lot more!

JNeffLind

29 Apr 2015

Soft Enerji wrote:I see in your description you say it's "just another folk/pop song". Well that may be but it's got your style all over it.......another gem and I bet there's a lot more!
Thanks a lot man. You're too kind. There is a lot more. As for how many might be gems, vs. lumps of coal, I'm as curious as you are. Next one is up and is a bit of a change of pace. Hope you like. 

• Information