Reminisce (A collaboration across the pond)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

25 Apr 2015

This tune was written by Sympleman (USA) and my self(UK), so chill out and I hope you enjoy :)

https://soundcloud.com/carly-montague/r ... s-the-pond

JNeffLind

27 Apr 2015

Hey man. This is a cool track once you get into it. There might be a volume issue though where I can't hear some of the stuff you're doing to keep things interesting as this seemed pretty quiet all the way through. One thing I definitely liked was the steadiness of the bass drum and clap all the way through.

Just a matter of opinion, but if I were you'd I'd vary your chords a bit. Seems like you are sitting on the same progression all the way through and while I like the way you build layers on top of it, the actual progression itself might get a bit stale. Some sort of bridge or chorus section would really benefit this I believe. If you don't write music easily, maybe just go back to the drums for a couple bars at some point in the middle and then bring all the pitched material back in. Just an idea. Cool track. Thanks for sharing.

Soft Enerji

27 Apr 2015

drifts along nicely........

mbfrancis

28 Apr 2015

This very cool.  I like how the layers keep coming in, one over the other...I would have loved even more, for it to get bigger.  I love how when the bass came in it wasn't obvious, you used a bunch of inversions.

I too would have loved for it to go somewhere else, or climax spectacularly/blow up....as it is it kind of grooves along nicely.  Super pleasant, no teeth or edge though.  Would have an ending too!

Nice stuff - I just did a collab with someone in Leeds (I'm in SoCal), maybe I'll post it!
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

28 Apr 2015

Thanks for all the feedback..

I will re-look at a number of things with this tune.

I do have a break about 3.35 but I'm sure I can expand on that without changing the length of the tune.

The ending as a fade was a bit of a "get out jail" card LOL
So I will look at that as well..

The bass was quite funny as I'm not great at mixing, I put tracks together and if they sound good on my setup then I use to be happy with that, I now do a mix and try it out on a number of different devices and the bass for the first few bars when it starts is an octave lower than the main bass and a number of other devices just can't play them frequencies so it's easy to miss when the bass starts..

As regards to parts being quiet, that's me not being a great mixer but I'm learning as I go along and I'm sure this is something I can fix (at least a little bit )..

Please keep the feedback coming..

and thanks once again...

xxASMxx

28 Apr 2015

I like this one.  It reminds me a little of Keith Forsey's track "Love Theme" from the Breakfast Club.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

29 Apr 2015

I like this one.  It reminds me a little of Keith Forsey's track "Love Theme" from the Breakfast Club.
Luv that track and the film even more... :)

Glad you enjoyed the track...

FGL

03 May 2015

I second what MBFrancis wrote. This is good, but it needs a little work for beeing awesome. Steal some Instruments in the End, or make it stutter to have some end. If you have some Break I think there are enogth repeating Elements where you can take out some bars to make it shorter. For my taste it needs too much time with the Intro. And as said before it could also have more Layers. But also nice as it is.

• Information