Serial Fragment (serial music, experimental abstract slow techno or WTF ;) )

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Wini

23 Apr 2015

Hi Guys,

I've just finished this song here:

It was one of my first tries in composing dodecaphonic piano lines with a techno sound. This may sound very weird to you if you're not into this kind of art music. Everything except the piano was done in the latest version of Reason. You may notice some of this sounds from the plain old factory bank.  8-)

Comments and feedback are always welcome!  :thumbup:

Greetz,
Wini

jappe

08 May 2015

This is the second complex tune I review today...and also with this one I'd say: drop it to Discover, it has the capability of inspiring people.

Wini

08 May 2015

Thx for your feedback!

I usually release most of my tracks under CC NC license (somtimes CC SA NC). I've no problems with an uncommercial remix of my work but I need to check the Discover terms first ...

ZombieFightsShark

10 May 2015

Nice to hear someone do this. I used to play with the same kind of ideas back in college but was never very successful. You got this one.

mbfrancis

11 May 2015

Wow this was wonderful.  Loved the drones under the piano....I was really bummed when the piano dropped out and it got conventional.  Here's something I never would have / could have done, and it was great, challenging.  Thanks for posting!
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

FGL

11 May 2015

I like it too.

Wini

12 May 2015

@all: Thanks for the feedback! ;)
ZombieFightsShark wrote:I used to play with the same kind of ideas back in college but was never very successful. You got this one.
Ahh, cool. Just curious: Have you had the idea of combining piano lines with techno/electro in general or also the idea of mixing 12 tone music with modern electro?

In the last years I've stumbled upon several acts who are making a mixture of piano/traditional instruments and techno (Tristano, Frahm, Hauschka etc.). But no one has done this dodecaphonic approach so far ....

Greetz.
Wini

• Information