I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud - Synth Rock - words by William Wordsworth

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Tincture

11 Apr 2015

https://soundcloud.com/tincture-1/i-wan ... as-a-cloud

Music by me, words by William Wordsworth (1770-1850) >> = My adaptation
       >
          The waves beside them danced; but they
          Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
          A poet could not but be gay,
          In such a jocund company:
          I gazed--and gazed--but little thought
          What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
          In vacant or in pensive mood,                               20
          They flash upon that inward eye
          Which is the bliss of solitude;
          And then my heart with pleasure fills,
          And dances with the daffodils. > Often when on my couch I lie
          In vacant or in pensive mood
          They flush upon that inward eye
          Which is the bliss of solitude

And then my heart with pleasure fills
          And dances with the daffodils

Soft Enerji

11 Apr 2015

vox fx is great......rhythmically it maybe doesn't quite sit right in places but the overall vibe is way cool! Nice one!

Mark

jappe

14 Apr 2015

I liked this!

There's so much inspiration to gain from poetry. 
Personally I'm on a route to make music inspired by the poetry of William Blake.

Tincture

15 Apr 2015

Thanks guys :) I was in two minds whether to upload or not but thought its charm outweighed its frailties. I know the timing sucks in lots of ways, so thanks for seeing past that! I did my best, I just wish the tools such as copy groove, ReGroove, shuffle etc were available for audio. I really could have done with getting a beat groove and applying it to audio here ;)

JNeffLind

18 Apr 2015

This has a cool vibe, especially with the juxtaposition of the classical lyric poetry with the vox effect and synthy sounds. I agree though that the rhythm makes it harder to appreciate. Would it be possible to maybe just do an automation in your volume lane for the audio so that the first and third beat of every measure the vox is emphasized more. (Loud enough to be noticeable, but not loud enough that the other stuff fades too far back). Then the sort of polyrhythm thing you seem to be leaning towards might fit better and not take a lazy listener out of the groove. (If this sounds like a lot of work, you can just draw in a couple bars worth of automation, then copy and paste.) Not sure if you like the idea or how it'd sound, but it might be worth a try. Either way, you're right that it has it's charms, though imperfect. Thanks for sharing. 

mbfrancis

18 Apr 2015

Love this, very creative.  Love the music, too.  A couple of ideas:

* I wish the beat punched more, could just be volume.
* When the vocal drops, the whole track dies - I'd boost something or bring another part to keep the energy level up.
* Up until the end, when it rocks a bit, the vibe + arrangement doesn't really change - I'd keep adding parts so it keeps building until the end and then explodes and rocks out.  Needs more dynamics.

Just ideas, disregard if you want.  Cool stuff.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

Tincture

20 Apr 2015

mbfrancis wrote:Love this, very creative.  Love the music, too.  A couple of ideas:

* I wish the beat punched more, could just be volume.
* When the vocal drops, the whole track dies - I'd boost something or bring another part to keep the energy level up.
* Up until the end, when it rocks a bit, the vibe + arrangement doesn't really change - I'd keep adding parts so it keeps building until the end and then explodes and rocks out.  Needs more dynamics.

Just ideas, disregard if you want.  Cool stuff.
Good ideas they are too, thanks. The arrangement is a bit monotone. Love your music and sound :)

mbfrancis

20 Apr 2015

Tincture wrote:Good ideas they are too, thanks. The arrangement is a bit monotone. Love your music and sound :)

Wow, thanks, Tincture!
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

• Information