BestOfMurder

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
thefixr

07 Apr 2015

From the description on Soundcloud:

This was one of those times when I never intended to make a new track but damn I'm glad I did. Last night I was creating a new drum kit (featured on the track) and I wanted to test it out with some samples just to make sure the kit's dynamics and range played well with others. So I just grabbed some piano parts that I played and recorded and 30 minutes later I was well on my way to making this track happen. I love the unintended stuff. I love how this track makes my skin crawl (ever so slightly) and makes me think bad thought (ever so slightly). Come and getchu some!

Oh and the name - It's a Reason thing.

YouTube.com/iamthefixr

forensickbeats

07 Apr 2015

Sick tune, man! That randomness element is smth I was also experimenting with lately...
Attachments
Screen_Shot_2015-04-07_at_10.43.46_AM.png
Screen_Shot_2015-04-07_at_10.43.46_AM.png (120.33 KiB) Viewed 456 times

thefixr

07 Apr 2015

Pretty sure I know what you are referring to ( the sound that starts and ends the track but is also throughout and more random during). Cool thing is that that sound get's it randomness because it's a sample that is not sliced as close to the transient peak as I'd usually want it. Here's a pic of it:

Usually I would slice it right up where the white line is. In fact I set it to this at one point but it took away the swingy sloppiness of it. I have a bass note layered under the sample (in another Kong in the same Combinator) that hits immediately at the start of the sample, which also makes for a looseness and bouncy feel. Definitely some good stuff I learned with this track. 

Thanks for the feedback. 
YouTube.com/iamthefixr

• Information