Winter is coming

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
jappe

06 Apr 2015

A short piece of melancholy piano in a doom synth environment.
http://phead.mu/s/68OAu3we

EDIT: I think I found a defect in Reason(or possibly in the Discover service): At 0:48 there is a quite audible click of distortion which is not there when I play the reason project. I think this piece should give a deterministic result, but I'll check if the problem is intemittent.

Kazz

17 Apr 2015

The synth and piano are a nice contrast, I enjoyed it. :)  I wonder though if sometimes they're fighting for the same frequencies too much?  Maybe some more EQ work would help keep them both more consistently clear?

Jagwah

17 Apr 2015

Wicked!! I was a bit confused when the piano came in but when the synth came back I loved it :D ^^ Yeah definitely go a HPF on that pianer. I would really like a download of this one but as I'm not a R8 user I would need a direct download, would love it if you could make that possible (Just listening to this gives me ideas). Syth is excellent, so dark and crazy and technical, the piano suits so well, really love it, top work Jappe!

Jagwah

17 Apr 2015

Looking forward to Discover advancing, listening to this really gets my creative juices flowing I would love to open it up in Reason and attack it... but to attack it as an already solidified .wav file and not multi track, well, I find that quit silly, perhaps one day. Really love the track Jappe ;)

Tincture

17 Apr 2015

Great sounds! Love the distortion and ducking. Ho! Didn't think you'd be able to blend the piano and the 1st part. Perhaps take some bass off the 1st part when it's playing with the piano so that doesn't get kicked too far into the background? Loved your sounds :)

Soft Enerji

20 Apr 2015

I like the blend of darkness and light from the synth and the piano..........nice work!

mbfrancis

20 Apr 2015

Love this ... sounds like the end of the world!   I'd love to hear more FX on the piano, make it a little spacier...maybe just reverb.  The piano part gets a little fussy for me at the end, but that's taste.   Good stuff.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

submonsterz

26 Apr 2015

yes this definitely works the synth and piano very nice together like this lots.
I hear the clicked out bit on the synth to there but knowing its a glitch before listening took the huh factor out there.
nice piece :s0230:

JNeffLind

27 Apr 2015

Very cool. You sing do you not? Where's the voice? This is begging for it. I say that not because the instrumental part is lacking but because it's very mellow at first and seems like it'd be easy to write over, particularly in the first iteration at 1:30. Even as you develop the piano part I think you could sing over this pretty easily. Might have to add a bit of variation, to make a sung melody flow, but I'm guessing you could just loop this as it is and start singing. Thanks for sharing. If you do add to this, please make sure to share.

jappe

27 Apr 2015

Kazz wrote:The synth and piano are a nice contrast, I enjoyed it. :)  I wonder though if sometimes they're fighting for the same frequencies too much?  Maybe some more EQ work would help keep them both more consistently clear?
Thank's for feedback!
Yes you are right, I see that I actually boosted the same bass area on the piano and synth. 

jappe

27 Apr 2015

Jagwah wrote:Wicked!! I was a bit confused when the piano came in but when the synth came back I loved it :D ^^ Yeah definitely go a HPF on that pianer. I would really like a download of this one but as I'm not a R8 user I would need a direct download, would love it if you could make that possible (Just listening to this gives me ideas). Syth is excellent, so dark and crazy and technical, the piano suits so well, really love it, top work Jappe!
Happy you liked it:-)
And yes, some clashing lows on the piano; thank's for feedback!

jappe

27 Apr 2015

Jagwah wrote:Looking forward to Discover advancing, listening to this really gets my creative juices flowing I would love to open it up in Reason and attack it... but to attack it as an already solidified .wav file and not multi track, well, I find that quit silly, perhaps one day. Really love the track Jappe ;)
Yes I do hope the Prop's will let us share Reason projects!
I'm confused why they don't already.

jappe

27 Apr 2015

Tincture wrote:Great sounds! Love the distortion and ducking. Ho! Didn't think you'd be able to blend the piano and the 1st part. Perhaps take some bass off the 1st part when it's playing with the piano so that doesn't get kicked too far into the background? Loved your sounds :)
Thank's,
I'll tweak it a bit, let's see if the piano or the synth wins the frequency war :)

jappe

27 Apr 2015

Soft Enerji wrote:I like the blend of darkness and light from the synth and the piano..........nice work!
Thank's! 

jappe

27 Apr 2015

mbfrancis wrote:Love this ... sounds like the end of the world!   I'd love to hear more FX on the piano, make it a little spacier...maybe just reverb.  The piano part gets a little fussy for me at the end, but that's taste.   Good stuff.
Hello mbfrancis! I'd like to extend this little piece with other parts; I'm greateful for the feedback!

jappe

27 Apr 2015

submonsterz wrote:yes this definitely works the synth and piano very nice together like this lots.
I hear the clicked out bit on the synth to there but knowing its a glitch before listening took the huh factor out there.
nice piece :s0230:
Thank's! 
That click is still a mystery, but I guess I can workaround it with volume automation at the problem spot.

jappe

27 Apr 2015

JNeffLind wrote:Very cool. You sing do you not? Where's the voice? This is begging for it. I say that not because the instrumental part is lacking but because it's very mellow at first and seems like it'd be easy to write over, particularly in the first iteration at 1:30. Even as you develop the piano part I think you could sing over this pretty easily. Might have to add a bit of variation, to make a sung melody flow, but I'm guessing you could just loop this as it is and start singing. Thanks for sharing. If you do add to this, please make sure to share.
Thank's!
My hope was that someone else lost in the Discover mist would find their way through this audio ray of melancholy and despair and sing along with it:-)

• Information