Fusion (work in progress)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

05 Apr 2015

Started this ages ago but just did not know way to go with it next, thoughts ?

https://soundcloud.com/carly-montague/f ... n-progress

(Also is it just me but I do find when I upload songs to Soundcloud they come out a lot more basey but then if I download the song it's fine !!!!!)

gak

07 Apr 2015

I like everything about it other than the drums. They are just way too in the background. It's almost like they are not there.

However, I think it's a really cool piece :)  

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

09 Apr 2015

Thanks for the feedback, I will have a look at the drums section...

Someone else gave feedback but then deleted their post, now I'm not sure if they deleted it as they may have thought it was negative but I thought it was very positive as they stated they did not like this kind of music but still took the time and gave pointers like add a breakdown etc. So that is something else I will look at too  :)

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

01 May 2015

From another thread about this song
submonsterz wrote: I agree with comment on that page drums too way back in back ground need carving into track more.
piano could do with the width being narrowed more to the centre to separate it more from the synths as it sounds too wide to me.
try doubling the bass line for effect add a copy one octave higher at up to half i`sh volume of lower bass line octave then see how it sounds  :) .
and if none of my suggestions work I got the loaded gun ready to stop wasting peoples time lol  ;) .

Thanks again for your ideas, will give it a bash  :)

jappe

01 May 2015

Very nice chord progressions and arps. It sounds like when I experiment with the great app "Chordbot".
Rich sound.
How to proceed with it...I imagine somewhere in the middle it would be nice to have a vocal part with a beautiful female Enya style singer.

JNeffLind

02 May 2015

For some reason it sounds to me like you're changing your tonic chord a bit haphazardly here. Of course changing keys in a song has been done effectively plenty of times, but this kind of seems to do it more than is comfortable. Up until that happened I was really digging it. Particularly when the pianos come in at about 00:20 and you have the synth working over the top. From there it kind of seems like you're just moving your melodic/harmonic theme from key to key as opposed to from chord to chord within a key.

I'd have to see the notes written out on a staff to affirm or refute this decisively, but it seems to be what I'm hearing. Others are digging it though, so this is just one guy's opinion. Thanks for sharing!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

02 May 2015

JNeffLind wrote:For some reason it sounds to me like you're changing your tonic chord a bit haphazardly here. Of course changing keys in a song has been done effectively plenty of times, but this kind of seems to do it more than is comfortable. Up until that happened I was really digging it. Particularly when the pianos come in at about 00:20 and you have the synth working over the top. From there it kind of seems like you're just moving your melodic/harmonic theme from key to key as opposed to from chord to chord within a key.

I'd have to see the notes written out on a staff to affirm or refute this decisively, but it seems to be what I'm hearing. Others are digging it though, so this is just one guy's opinion. Thanks for sharing!

First off thank for your feedback..

My personal title for this song is Fusion or Confusion.. I was playing around and when I play my T1 (piano/strings) I get carried away and I was shifting between 2 little tunes and styles because I could not take either song to where I wanted to be with them, so in the end I mashed them together and all I can say is what a good ear(s) you have.
When people start talking about keys and chords within keys I get totally lost as I can not read or write musical notation nor have a musical background so it means nothing to me, I play by ear sort of thing and just play what seams to sound good to me and hope others like it  :)
I will hold my hands up as I'm not really comfortable with this song, but it was something different and by experimenting with it something may come out of it :)

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

02 May 2015

jappe wrote:Very nice chord progressions and arps. It sounds like when I experiment with the great app "Chordbot".
Rich sound.
How to proceed with it...I imagine somewhere in the middle it would be nice to have a vocal part with a beautiful female Enya style singer.
The beautiful female in the middle sounds perfect to me LOL..

I know of Chordbot, I may be able to show a version of a "F" or "C", but chordbot has like 30 versions of a "F" and I struggle with the basic "F"   LOL

I do play with this on my tablet "Caustic", there is also a free PC version and I think it's been put together very well, uses my Keyboard\controller plugged into the tablet too which was a nice surprise....

http://www.singlecellsoftware.com/caustic

• Information