Last Alternative REMIXed

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Benedict
Competition Winner

09 Apr 2015

Thanks Mr Francis

This was a proof of concept. Mr Alternative sent over the file and I didn't have all the RE's he used so I just ignored them (one I now have thanks to a generous donor). My aim was just to show that the song could be delivered very differently with a focus on the song lyric over music and effects. Dropping the distortion on the vocals really opened them up but of course they aren't as well controlled - overdrive swallows a lot.

I am getting my way through all the material available to be worked up for the Neon Flowers album. Some we have already decided to leave for history and crystallize as an EP over on Bandcamp. A few are already definite and the rest I am getting Jace to try some different takes so we can hear how they pan out.

:-)

https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com/

Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

eusti

09 Apr 2015

I love that we're getting behind the scene info here!! Love it!

Really am happy to see you two working together on this!

Looking forward to the outcome!

D.

challism

09 Apr 2015

Cool cover picture
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

eusti

10 Apr 2015

Interesting EP. So, does this mean that these songs are not going to be on the album?
Too different from the style / direction you are going for these days?

Deadweight is probably my favorite right now...

D.

Benedict
Competition Winner

10 Apr 2015

eusti wrote:Interesting EP. So, does this mean that these songs are not going to be on the album?
Too different from the style / direction you are going for these days?

Deadweight is probably my favorite right now...

D.
Thanks

Yes. These are great songs but really belong in the way they are done. Re-doing them would sap a lot of the fire in the belly so best to give them a place and time of their own.

As Jace has said the first thing you will see from us is a song called "The Willow Tree" as a pre-album single that will show the direction he is going in now.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

• Information