Theory of Anything [Electronica]

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

03 Apr 2015

A meandering melody to make the most of the miserable mediocrity of meaning, for a merritable multitude of minutes.

Gear List
REs:
Audio Damage: RoughRider
AudioRealism: ReDominator
Jiggery-Pokery: Chenille Chorus, Republik, Space Organ, Steerpike Delay, Titus Delay
LabOne: Battleaxe Sound Destroyer
Propellerhead: Parsec
selig: Leveler
Softube: Sat Knob
ReFills:
bitley: Fairlight
Jiggery-Pokery: Kings of Kong, Elements 2, Additions, Retrospective
PinkNoise: Analog Monsters, Virology
Propellerhead: RPi

Sinistereo

03 Apr 2015

Mmmmmmm...

Majestik Monkey

03 Apr 2015

very nice JP '  1 question tho , did you put that out of tune string there @ 3.39/40 . . . on purpose ?  :shock:
not complaining 'it sounds like there has been a lot of work gone into the track ,,, it is full of nice surprises too
good job Old Bean  :s0230:

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

03 Apr 2015

Majestik Monkey wrote:very nice JP '  1 question tho , did you put that out of tune string there @ 3.39/40 . . . on purpose ?  :shock:
not complaining 'it sounds like there has been a lot of work gone into the track ,,, it is full of nice surprises too
good job Old Bean  :s0230:
Thanks ;)

Not sure to which strings you're refering - I've got both the old faithful 310U strings and also Rhapsody 610 strings as counterpoint (not that I really understand counterpoint, I just do stuff that sounds vaguely harmonious ;) ), but the 310U is being phasered, so that may give you the sensation of detuning against the non phasered 610.

Emian

04 Apr 2015

love the electropop in this one & the spacey vibe it has too ! the fading delay FX on the snare sounds great, i assume thats steerpike/titus ? i prefer this style so much more over your rock-ish stuff, but thats just taste :)  
i've still yet to buy my first RE from you, but Steerpike & Ammo LA are on my must-have list when i can save the cash for it. (especially since Jahwah pointed out to me Steerpike has gate inputs that work great with Euclid ^^)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Last Alternative

04 Apr 2015

Jig- this tune is film worthy. It really pulls the heartstrings. Comments on the player. It is absolutely beautiful and I'm not embarrassed to say it almost made me cry. That's really hard to do with music. You're an ace writer/producer.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Soft Enerji

04 Apr 2015

I gotta say I wasn't sure about this when it started and when I saw it was almost 7.5 minutes long I wondered if I'd make it to the end.........but it grew on me real quick. The subtle changes throughout keep the listener interested and indeed quite captivated. The detail on the hats is great and over all the mix is crystal. Impressive work!

Cheers

Mark

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

05 Apr 2015

@Emian - Cheers. Yes, the only delays and choruses are the JP BBD stuff, although actually the Kong snare on the chorus is hand-crafted in MIDI, as it's not the lead snare, but a slightly different Rattler setting, and it was just easier to control the number of delays and the level of each.

@LA  - thanks, that's really nice of you. My original working title was "Elegy", so it does have a certain emotional feel to it. I thought it was bit of a throwaway ;) Actually, it was nice doing a track where I could just use any instrument for a change (although it did start out as a possible future demo track). The past couple of years mostly it's been marketing demos for specific instruments where one feels one has to do everything with one device - that's cool in its own way, but it is nice just to say, right, "I'm gonna throw such-and-such in here"!

@SE - Yes, it is a rather self-indulgent at 8 minutes, I tend not to do that much these days. Thanks for the positive comments ;)

darkmode

05 Apr 2015

I second Soft Enerji's post, beautifully produced and you kept me listening. Great work mate!

• Information