Weebles Wobble

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
lijewski

29 Mar 2015

Here's my first post and first submission to the masses. I used lots of REs to get the sounds in this one - Antidote, PX7, Rad Keys, DR-1, Punch BD, FET, STAR-1R, Spring Reverb, 4DYNE, and Ozone along with some stock devices.

Give it a listen and let me know what you think.

Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/justin-lijewski/weebles-wobble

Last Alternative

29 Mar 2015

Maybe my ears have gotten too sensitive but the highs on the drums are pretty fizzy and harsh. I left some comments on the player. Nice first post and pretty well balanced instruments.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Benedict
Competition Winner

29 Mar 2015

Hi

I like it. It sounds like music which is a great start. I'm guessing PX-7 plays the guitar.

All the instruments are clear but that feels like a problem for me as everything is up front and fighting to be the song itself. I hear the guitar lead doing a nice sort of western lament and want the other, backing, instruments to back off a bit to allow the sense of wide open dusky spaces and melancholy the lead cries out - let that guitar more gently weep.

Good work though and happy to hear more like this.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

lijewski

30 Mar 2015

Thank you both for your comments and insight. I have had a day to listen to the track in my car and I finally found the highs to be a bit oppressive. I have brought down the highs a bit on my project.  I also noticed a bit more need in volume automation on the different instruments. I will pay attention to these things more on my future tracks.

My main goal on this track was to really work on the bass design and automation. I am happy that i hit my goal in that aspect.

I have always found the old PUF and this place to be a wonderful place to gain knowledge and insight on all things music and audio related.  I do appreciate your comments even on other topics.

• Information